My DIY Rega RP6/8 clone

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Pics from under the hood. Working on getting a delrin platter, new Cartridge and bearing housing. That's all about all I have left to do.

Chopper and TTable 014.jpg . Chopper and TTable 007.jpg Chopper and TTable 019.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Well, I picked up all the parts to finish my RP6 including the 2m black cart, delrin platter, TTU-PSU and to make everything sound great, I added a Technics SL 1210 turntable to it. Now back to the amps I promised so I can eventually use the turntables.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I've been working on it for a long time and almost sold it in the project stage. I never mounted a cartridge before though. All my Kenner Close N Plays came with a needle mounted and a nickel on the tone arm.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Waiting for FedEx to pick up these amps, then I'm going to go get the Ortfon Black out of the amp shack and install it on this new turntable. Then I'm going to get out one of these 80's hair band albums I got from Ron and give it a spin. Does anybody got a nickel for the top of my tonearm? I haven't had a TT since 1981.....

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I knew it!!! I gotta keep up with the Tech these days. Man these screws are tiny. I think I'll just use some JB Weld.... Way easier.....

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I finally got to get some work done on my turntable. It's complete except putting on the cartridge (if I open the box and it aint got no screws I'm going to implode). I think that's a good job in between boxing amps tomorrow. I got some free LED's with the frosted isolation base that will flash like a lame ass disco but I just turn the red ones on to match my WOPL and Pre.

YEAH, I KNOW.... It's crooked. So am I.... Also it's kinda high but when I's wearing my high heeled golf shoes or my stiletto sandals, I can reach it.

View attachment 24794 View attachment 24795 View attachment 24796
Your attachments were either corrupted or the source of the files was changed so we get an error message about invalid attachments and as you might see, those X boxes. Please edit to fix that or repost?

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
The RP6 Plinth was made by Michael Lim out of Hong Kong I think. He's got a website he sells TT stuff off of, if I remember right.
The frosted isolation base I had custom made from the guy off of Ebay. He does nice work. Well, both of them do. I'm pleased with both acrylics. I just had to add a 2mm VTA spacer since the Orto 2M Black cart is a little tall but it sounds really good. Of course so did my Kenner Close N Play. My ears don't work as good after Aircraft Carrier duty. But I like having a turntable, just sux as good vinyl aint cheap. Guess I'll pay for pirating music back in the day. Not sure what I'll do with the Technics SL-1210. It's really nice. I should probably set it up to give me something to gauge this one off so I can tell if it's set up right. I have not set up the overhang although I did set up the HangOver....

IMG_2905.jpg

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I killed the other post and I'm having a hell of a time getting things done with this computer. I think I'll set my old desktop up. Here are a couple more pics of TT.

IMG_2908.jpg IMG_2909.jpg

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
Nice. Thanks for posting those bud.
I've got a couple of pretty good size 1-1/2'' thick pieces left over from a job. Been thinking about building one from scratch.
just need to locate a motor and pulleys. I may use some of the after market Ar Xa TT stuff.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I just don't know how long the clear acrylic will hold up as far as scratching. At least I can have my body man do a cool paint job on it when it gets scratched. I use windex and a micro-fiber on it at the moment. I need a cover.