Grant Fidelity RPF-120 power conditioner
RPF-120 with cord new2.jpg

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights

MrAcoustat

Journeyman
Do you notice a difference with the power cond.?
Hi speakerman, the main reason for me using the power conditioner was for extra receptacles, i use it as a good power bar, i have two dedicated lines with 1 Hubbell HBL 8200HR double receptacle in both lines, the main equipment is in the wall and the secondary units are in the power conditioner ( tv-dvd-and two Acoustat interfaces ) .

PS: Both receptacles are over 30 years old and the grip is if they where NEW.

HUB01-Image+HBL8200R_320.jpg - - - - - Hubbell     HBL-8200HR.JPG

Last edited:

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Swell - another pot for the signal to go through. I'll keep my 12-gauge zip cord, thank you.

NavLinear

Swell - another pot for the signal to go through. I'll keep my 12-gauge zip cord, thank you.
So - I gather that you're aversive to pot? Clean and pure is fine. :grin:

Too many interconnects, cables and pieces of gear may contribute to degradation of the source material but a quality pot does not seem to add to signal degradation from my experience. Adjustable controls are subject to a number of problems but those can be kept in check IMO. I like tone, balance and volume controls at a minimum from my preamp. The control in the speaker cable is unusual and I'm not sure I'd go there but I've never used those ICs so...

Nav

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
My recent (and ongoing) experiences with potentiometers has convinced me that the things have a certain potential (pun intended) for evil. I agree with you on multiple cables and gear, etc. - simpler is better as far as sound quality, all else being equal, which it never is. I could get really interested in an amp which had no pots at all, perhaps with gain, volume, tone, and the like done in the digital realm. Otherwise I have drifted away from feature-loaded amps to minimalist units, and they have rewarded me with better sound.