More Speakers?

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Well there is a set of speakers for sale locally that I have always wanted to try out. The big question is what would I do with them, and where would I put them. I already have the Elites and 901's as well as a pair of 15" CV's that need a refurb. I want to pull the trigger on them but at the same time, not entirely sure I should get a another set. It would mean that 1 set of working speakers would have to be stored for now. I'm gonna think on it for a while.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Miss Cleo is an imprisoned felon, Ben...elucidate, do.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Ben: Tell us which speakers you want to buy and we will make the decision for you.

Nando.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
A pair of Bose 701 Series I. Always liked the look and heard the power handling was 400w each.

Bose 701.jpg

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
You certainly have the power to drive them. Have you heard much on the internet of others' experiences with them? I have a number of pairs of speakers parked. So, you have my Yea vote.

Nando.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I trust your judgement on Bose products and think you should do as you wish. They would seem a great match with your Bose gear.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
You certainly have the power to drive them. Have you heard much on the internet of others' experiences with them? I have a number of pairs of speakers parked. So, you have my Yea vote.

Nando.
Actually I only ever spoke to 1 guy that owned a set. He was an AK member that was a hardcore Sansui enthusiast and hated Bose. He didnt have anything nice to say about them. He was pretty arrogant so I avoided most conversation with him.

They would seem a great match with your Bose gear.
Indeed, my thoughts exactly Steven.

Those 701s look interesting - have you heard them before?

Check these Bose Wave Cannons out. I'd never heard of them before.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/4378881463.html
No I have never heard a set of 701's. I have always liked the looks of them though and as Steven mentioned would go well with the rest of my Bose gear.

I have never seen those cannons either. Interesting pieces to say the least.

I have decided against the purchase. One eye is still under the knife. I should deal with that first. Maybe once I have both 1801's back up and running ill reconsider. But for now thats most important. I may have some work done on my pre amp afterwards as well, which may include a couple upgrades.

Thanks for the input fellas.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
If I ever decided to seriously pursue any Bose speakers, they would be the 10.2 towers

I have a set of 501 floorstanders that I use in the garage. I upgraded the woofers to 100w RS ones, the original Bose drivers sucked but now they handle a pretty decent amount of power. I have not hooked them up to a WOPL yet and probably never will