Mobile Fidelity scandal

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
Apparently they never said they used the original analogue master tapes. It was assumed by someone/some bunch of people.

And, when directly asked, they directly answered. End of story.

I feel like someone has an agenda here and is trying to make a problem when there isn't one.

It's not like MoFi said they WERE using analogue masters, and then it was found out they were not; or that they lied when directly asked. It's all a bunch of crap from my perspective.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Apparently they never said they used the original analogue master tapes. It was assumed by someone/some bunch of people.

And, when directly asked, they directly answered. End of story.

I feel like someone has an agenda here and is trying to make a problem when there isn't one.

It's not like MoFi said they WERE using analogue masters, and then it was found out they were not; or that they lied when directly asked. It's all a bunch of crap from my perspective.
Social Media, Servicing the people who ain't got nothing better to do...

Vynuladikt

Journeyman
Tagline
Love great audio, beermaking and pyrotechnics
It is more than capable of capturing all the original analogue tape hiss…

There is no scandal.
If they were using Redbook resolution I would be saying scandal. The level of resolution being used is indistinguishable from a master. Too bad so many have no concept of the difference. The majority of the SACDs I have are as good as most vinyl.

Last edited:

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
If they were using Redbook resolution I would be say scandal. The level of resolution being used is indistinguishable from a master. Too bad so may have no concept of the difference. The majority of the SACDs I have are as good as most vinyl.
Better in a lot of cases if pressing quality is accounted for...