MEDIC ...replace output transistor pl400 had problem on DBT

Tagline
---
I had replace all my output transistor and try to do a DBT. When i turn on power to do test light is bright so it is mean still short electrical on amplifer. Anyone can help me out this problem?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Have you run a collector to ground resistance cjeck?? That's collectors on the outputs...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
With a voltmeter on ohms setting , one lead on ground the other on each output case.....

Tagline
---
Lees , I found some is value is higher than 000.6 ohm. Then I just tight a bolt the. It stay at 000.6 ohm. Is that a correct value ?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I would say you've made a mistake in mounting the outputs, and if you haven't, then there's another problem..

Tagline
---
Do you think if a thermal base was on the leg tgen it will affect the output transistor ? If i tight the bolt to tight any affect ?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
The bias transistor leads on the right channel look real sketchy, you need some heatshrink on those puppies. Also what do you have for bias transistors?

Tagline
---
Lee . On bias transistor legs i soldering with the lead.do u think it will affect short circuit

I don't understand, ........I know this, if the bias transistor is not wired correctly it will act like a short but so will 100 other things.

If you used sil-pads you did not need grease....

Last edited by a moderator:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Well, I don't know how I managed to edit your post, but I did, sorry bout that...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Yo Dennis!!! Could you link AK's transistor testing thread for Chang?? Can't figure out how to do it on my phone...