Lounging…

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Jim: There could be several reasons you're running low:

1) This photo was taken recently, and since it is a Friday, you had a few hours' head start.

2) Friends were over and you didn't tell us they were there, or, even, invited us.

3) You really don't drink that much and you've been hanging onto that same bottle of Bourbon since 2002, when you won it in an arm-wrestling competition in the powder-puff class.

Nando.

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
I have a friend who has an almost empty bottle of Pappy (something, I forgot the whole name) Kentucky bourbon. Full, the bottle is worth $2,000. I suggested he fill it with cheap bourbon, becase, how many people know what expensive whiskey tastes like?

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Pappy Van Winkle I think…

I’ve heard of it but never tried it.
I've tried it; not sure I was that appreciative. Or, as I suspect, it's maybe not quite all it's cracked up to be. In the higher end (though not that high) category at the moment I cracked that bottle of Wattie Boone I bought in Bardstown, KY in June and like it a lot. It's confirming what I thought during the taste test. In the value category, I'm really liking Cowboy, which is, of all things, distilled in California. Gonna pick up a couple of bottles while in Dallas this winter as they don't have distribution in Tennessee. And in the meantime, gotta snag another bottle of Larceny or Bulleitt so I don't drink up the stuff I brought back.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
I have a friend who has an almost empty bottle of Pappy (something, I forgot the whole name) Kentucky bourbon. Full, the bottle is worth $2,000. I suggested he fill it with cheap bourbon, becase, how many people know what expensive whiskey tastes like?
It's like wine and modern art, Tom. We just pretend to know something about it. Or better yet, ignore it.

Hope you're well up there. I saw where Waverly got slammed yesterday; I remarked to Pat that's the second time since we've been married that little town has been marked for total annihilation.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I've tried it; not sure I was that appreciative. Or, as I suspect, it's maybe not quite all it's cracked up to be. In the higher end (though not that high) category at the moment I cracked that bottle of Wattie Boone I bought in Bardstown, KY in June and like it a lot. It's confirming what I thought during the taste test. In the value category, I'm really liking Cowboy, which is, of all things, distilled in California. Gonna pick up a couple of bottles while in Dallas this winter as they don't have distribution in Tennessee. And in the meantime, gotta snag another bottle of Larceny or Bulleitt so I don't drink up the stuff I brought back.

Wattie Boone??? My Favorite!!!!! Just picked some up see????

ci-boones-sunshine-pink-41a09ef2bc79fec9.jpeg

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Sunshine pink. The most elegant and complex of the Boone's farm offerings.

You sir, are a man of refined taste.