Look what just came to my door

Vynuladikt

Journeyman
Tagline
Love great audio, beermaking and pyrotechnics
Very organic shape...
A 25# transformer cantilevered off the faceplate probably wasn't the best design choice anyway. But dropping on it's side really did it in.
But they got the amp right.

Last edited:

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Are you satisfied with the life you're living
A few amplifiers i rather go pick up like any Macintosh equipment cause they always come with the front glass all busted up and them glass not cheap.

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
I recently shipped the Dynaco 400 I had listed here. I bought heavy duty boxes at U-haul and lined all sides and top & bottom with 1/2" drywall left over from a project. Then I cut 1" foam insulation for the bottom and securred the amp in the box with more panels of foam until the amp was snug all the way around the box. I tracked it until it arrived. Never heard back from the buyer and can only assume it arrived ok.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I recently shipped the Dynaco 400 I had listed here. I bought heavy duty boxes at U-haul and lined all sides and top & bottom with 1/2" drywall left over from a project. Then I cut 1" foam insulation for the bottom and securred the amp in the box with more panels of foam until the amp was snug all the way around the box. I tracked it until it arrived. Never heard back from the buyer and can only assume it arrived ok.
And he patched that hole in the wall that he was meaning to get around to. o_O

Agree, it is nice to hear no complaints about a shipment Don.

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
One of my customers built his own shipping box to ship a PL700B by copying an original Phase Linear PL700B shipping box. He bought the double-wall box from U-Line and used large sheets of Styrofoam to fill the gaps. Then he special ordered extra dense closed cell foam (100 ILD $185 per sheet) from an upholstery shop. He cut the foam with an electric slicing knife, notice the corner piece under the transformer is oversize. Then he made a "Fin box" from a cut down smaller box. It worked out pretty well.
02 Unboxing 1.jpg 03 Unboxing 2.jpg