Let's see your Reel 2 Reels

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
The Fostex E-2, saved from the dumpster at one of Dale's radio stations, same one that was gonna throw out the JBL L-56's he also saved.

This deck is nice, everything works perfect, sounds great, looks bad ass

That's Dale listening to Alan Parsons Project at 7 1/2isp on a vintage TDK 35-180BM in his Daisy Dukes, snicker, snicker

edit: The tape is TDK Audua L3600M

Attachments

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Stuwee, you gonna post the pic of Doggone Dale on his facebook page? His employers will really love to see that pic with the caption "The Last Time I called in Sick" :joker:

stuwee

Web Police said:
Stuwee, you gonna post the pic of Doggone Dale on his facebook page? His employers will really love to see that pic with the caption "The Last Time I called in Sick" :joker:
:lol: That's brilliant! I don't have facebook, but he does, 'Dale Taylor' or 'Eugene Taylor' you post it for me! I'll pay you :cheers: LMAO, seriously funny dude

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Oops, I gotta go get the Mavica from my bedroom and get load my stereo pics...

From utter clutter I'm just about back to the regular insanity.

[attachment=2:2oql9zau]Generally obfuscated (2).JPG[/attachment:2oql9zau]

[attachment=1:2oql9zau]Generally obfuscated (3).JPG[/attachment:2oql9zau]

Attachments

orange

Tagline
Andrea True called asking for More...

[attachment=0:157coctk]Generally obfuscated (11).JPG[/attachment:157coctk]

That was basically what I had of it, a Roberts 1630 so I threw in the $3 auction find NFL Kansas City Chiefs jacket I thought I might give to my dad but lo and behold it actually fit ME.

Attachments

orange

Tagline
stuwee said:
And the Teac A-3340, just needs a power cord, hub adapters, and some cosmetics.
You can't put lipstick on your rig!

orange

Tagline
Still, it's much faster than a speeding hockey mom!

That is a nice cabinet. no?

I paid under thirty cents!

I'd seen it at the thrift a month earlier and hioe I could afford the 25 dollar price but I could not get to it with my budget. Saw it a few other times but gave up. It was still there the 1st of the next month and the lady asked me how much I had. I had about thirty cents I told her and she asked me for it then said go call for a person to pick it up.

She's always been probably the nicest lady I missed marrying also, beside the point maybe. Now to fix the other one!

orange

Tagline
It's not helping that I had to borrow the interlock cord from a Montgomery Wards Airline dual speaker AM tube set to power it. Not really the right one.

stuwee

orange said:
Still, it's much faster than a speeding hockey mom!

That is a nice cabinet. no?

I paid under thirty cents!

I'd seen it at the thrift a month earlier and hioe I could afford the 25 dollar price but I could not get to it with my budget. Saw it a few other times but gave up. It was still there the 1st of the next month and the lady asked me how much I had. I had about thirty cents I told her and she asked me for it then said go call for a person to pick it up.

She's always been probably the nicest lady I missed marrying also, beside the point maybe. Now to fix the other one!
What a lovely tail, brought a tear to my black-hearted eye :cyclops: . She sounds like a catch. I really like your stuff too, that Roberts is bitchin'. What are those big speakers in the background?

Just a hint, if'n your lookin' to get married, you don't impress a woman much walking around with 30 cents in your pocket ;)

orange

Tagline
Those are homebrews based on the cabs and crossovers, original 8" woofers of Pioneer CS-K835 and I have a grille frame needing ICU before I can re-cover it as well.

It was all-Pioneer at first but a tweeter went and I replaced those with 70s Onkyos. Truth be told that did wonders for them.

Maybe the mids CS-77 or 88, I'm not taking it apart to remember. I had a llot I purchased on eBay years ago with 3 1/2 sets from ruined cabinets.

The main deal would be that the tonal balance and quality makes my day and I built them so I'd HOPE SO.

As for the 30 cents. all the nice broke women shop there. That is why I make a habit to include riding alll the way across town in my exercise routine!

Perhaps you could get a medium to inform President Roosevelt to send more money each month? I don't have his extension!

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Well I spooled it up and even got as far as putting a reel on it. I turned it on. Even put the DBX 400 in the rack. Just never hooked it up. Put the ICs on the DBX; but not on the R2R. It did turn the reels. LOL

Been doing a few things today. In the sound room any way. Have to figure out how everything is hooked up on the DBX. So I guess I have to find a manual. I knew how to do it on my other DBX; but I sold it over a year a go. I hate working in my racks. They are so full. I mean where the amp is I have a tuner and the DBX sitting in there also. So it is a little crowded.

Well here is the pic of my humble little Akai.
Larry

Attachments

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
speakerman1 said:
This Akai was bought in Vietnam. So it has been a traveler. Naw the DBX I just have to do it and I'm lazy right now. LOL
Larry
All I have is a coupla NR units from DBX. 400's a super-duper tape monitor "switch from hell".. different beast, altogether.