Learning to love the Harp

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I'll take the chicks, just get rid of the harps. Harps are like harmonica's and squeeze boxes..... Lame

A comb and a piece of wax paper would be better.... and a KAZOO

mlucitt

Hey Fairchild! You have a GAS Thoebe? I have one with an intermittent channel. Do you happen to have schematics? I have the Phono Circuit and the Line Amp drawings, but that is all I have. Funny thing, many of the parts used in the preamp are not the same as the schematic. Not completely unusual, but disconcerting when trying to troubleshoot.

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
Hey Fairchild! You have a GAS Thoebe? I have one with an intermittent channel. Do you happen to have schematics? I have the Phono Circuit and the Line Amp drawings, but that is all I have. Funny thing, many of the parts used in the preamp are not the same as the schematic. Not completely unusual, but disconcerting when trying to troubleshoot.
Yes, love my Bongiorno sound, no I haven't got a schematic sorry, I looked and I can not find the old SAE forum, up until his passing you could still talk with James Bongiorno, there were many SAE and GAS fans on the site.

What I have ran into most is either a dirty balance control (slides), dirty switches or RCA plugs. Try checking and cleaning them.

Jim

Last edited:

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
I'll take the chicks, just get rid of the harps. Harps are like harmonica's and squeeze boxes..... Lame

I see you are a real connoisseur of music.

No Blues for you.

Have you considered that a Harp is a piano without he keys?

Jim

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
I found the old SAE talk site https://groups.io/g/SAE it is an closed group but you may do a bit of searching.

I did a search there for GAS Thoebe https://groups.io/g/SAE/search?q=GAS+thoebe

Jim

Last edited:

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors

I could swear I saw a Harmonicats 8 track in one of your shop pictures???