latest speaker tweak

dingus

Journeyman
Tagline
crusty old fart
i've never seen this used before, but i doubt that i've happened on something new. i recently found an AR center speaker on craigs for cheap and had to grab it. due to logistics its confined to sitting on the audio rack at floor level so i needed to find a way to tilt up the front so that its directional for listening position.

i was toying with using blu-tac with some furniture feet when i found a package of 2 rubber door stops for $2.00. they grip nicely without the need for any adhesive or fixed hardware and give the perfect angle, heck they're even adjustable with simple movement.

IMG_2435.jpg

i think this would work well with any speaker that needed a bit of tilt added, and most materials of door stop would work well. best of all its super simple and super cheap.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
O've seen folks use those rubber "slip over" feet made for round furniture legs.

dingus

Journeyman
Tagline
crusty old fart
in a different application the blu-tac might become necessary, but i found no need as the rubber grips the rack and speakers nicely.

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
I used it for the gaskets around the drivers and crossover board when I fixed up my speakers. Seems to work nicely.