Larry's Phase Linear 700B

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Doug, could you please PM your address again. I would hate to sort through a months worth of PM's to find it again.....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I thouight Doug would post a review so we could put this to bed. Course---it is hard to write when you still have cats on the ceiling......

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
OPK Doug! Didn't mean to sound peevish, just wondering...........as I do...........like when Kev plugs something in and that's the last you hear for weeks......

I have forgotten what it is like to catch a mach 8 tune while the kids are swimming and the wife is shopping and Dad is NOT napping......

fitz43

Veteran and General Yakker
OK, here is my brief review. Other components used were Sony Carousel CD player, Spectro Acoustics P-101 pre and Mission 74 speakers.

I had already sent my other 700b to Lee, so I couldn't do any A-B switching to compare the amp with an old one. I had to use my recollection of what it used to sound like. I used a CD track I was familiar with. Michael McDonald (yes, the Doobie Brothers one) - Motown. Track 4 - I'm gonna make you love me. 2003 - Motown Records

Bass = was a lot tighter, more punch Mids = I would describe them as being more open, airy. Hi = my speakers have been reviewed as being bright at the top end and I attenuate them a bit on the pre. Truthfully I can't say I hear any difference, but I would suggest that might be due to my hearing.

Overall the sound quality sounds exceptional to me. I guess in the end that is all that matters.