Krautrock

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Very cool, tomorrow I'm to going search for a video of that band playing live. I find German bands very intriguing and relatively unknown in the US.

George S.

I have a big smile after watching that, much better than guns n roses. Going to stream their videos next down time. Thing is, they clearly had a great joy in performing that.

NavLinear

A bit darker but another fav song, Mein Herz Brennt (My Heart Burns). The videos of many of their songs are over the top - in other words really good.

The piano version:

NavLinear

Another great Scorpion song from their first album with Michael Schenker and his brother.

Scropions - In Search of the Peace of Mind.

Big Kelv

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Infrequent visitor
I quite like a lot of German rock music. Here's some examples:

Die Krupps - To The Hilt (1993)

They've evolved nicely and now IMHO are out Rammsteining Rammstein

Die Krupps - 2020 Vision (2019)

And on the subject of Rammstein:

The epic Deutschland

And we have my favourites, they started out as what many regarded as a joke but now seem to have evolved from their 'comedy folk rock' to full rock been following them for a few years now):

They don't take themselves too seriously! Although they are great live.

Feuerschwanz - Sex Is Muss

Feuerschwanz - Schubsetanz

Feuerschwanz - Metnotstand im Märchenland Live @ SUMMER BREEZE

FEUERSCHWANZ - Schubsetanz (Black Metal Version) I wonder how many non German speaking black metal fans fell for this.

FEUERSCHWANZ - Here Comes Alex

FEUERSCHWANZ ft. Melissa Bonny - Ding

Enjoy, Kelv

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Here is a very entertaining mix tape, Kelvin came up with, in a recent project over at TH:

kelvin_Homeland_Mix_Tape001.jpg

20210223_181022.jpg
20210223_180901.jpg

Nando.

George S.

I quite like a lot of German rock music. Here's some examples:

Die Krupps - To The Hilt (1993)

They've evolved nicely and now IMHO are out Rammsteining Rammstein

Die Krupps - 2020 Vision (2019)

And on the subject of Rammstein:

The epic Deutschland

And we have my favourites, they started out as what many regarded as a joke but now seem to have evolved from their 'comedy folk rock' to full rock been following them for a few years now):

They don't take themselves too seriously! Although they are great live.

Feuerschwanz - Sex Is Muss

Feuerschwanz - Schubsetanz

Feuerschwanz - Metnotstand im Märchenland Live @ SUMMER BREEZE

FEUERSCHWANZ - Schubsetanz (Black Metal Version) I wonder how many non German speaking black metal fans fell for this.

FEUERSCHWANZ - Here Comes Alex

FEUERSCHWANZ ft. Melissa Bonny - Ding

Enjoy, Kelv
THANKS! Going to check them out! I really enjoy German music, must be my Pennsylvania Deutch heritage.

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
Nice one that German homeland "in disguise" mixtape by Kelv! He was so kind to send me one of them as well. :D

And... quite surprised to see mentioned Anna Varney's band (Sopor Aeternums & The Ensemble of Shadows)...
Several years ago, I used to listen to their album released in year 2002 "Es Reiten Die Toten So Schnell (Or:The Vampyre Sucking At His Own Vein)"... but it's quite a few years I don't listen to it.

As far as I remember, one of my favourite songs in that album was this one.

That said... I understand it's a bit off topic not being german stuff but a few years ago (but better late than never!) I finally discovered an old italian/slovenian band named Devil Doll (not to be confused with an american band with the same name) which was active between around the second half of the 80s and the first half of the 90s... They used to mix more genres of music including classical and metal and, after listening to them, I am quite convinced that Sopor Aeternus might have been inspired by them but, personally, I do find the Devil Doll stuff of far superior quality.

an example... this is from what is considered their worst album (but maybe it's just the one I do love the most):

Last edited: