King Loader and Pancakes

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Here are some pics of the loader and pancakes. If I read right King was the 1st to come up with a cassette loader. They have a lot of lawsuits against other companies for patent infringement. Otari bought them out at some point. I'm still finding parts for it. It is all pressure and vacuum operated. Very little electrical components. It has 4 cards. It will wind prerecorded tapes also. I don't even want to go there. LOL The tape mess is just a small pile of tape. The pancake box holds 30 pancakes I think. If I remember right.
Larry

[attachment=4:1ogo3t4y]loader 002.jpg[/attachment:1ogo3t4y][attachment=3:1ogo3t4y]loader 003.jpg[/attachment:1ogo3t4y][attachment=2:1ogo3t4y]loader 004.jpg[/attachment:1ogo3t4y][attachment=1:1ogo3t4y]loader 005.jpg[/attachment:1ogo3t4y]

Attachments

speakerman1

Tagline
I found one bad vacuum valve, At least they still make them. I'm installing an outboard vacuum pump. I get it today. I'm ordering the valve today. They are in stock. I haven't worked on anything like this in awhile. It feels good. Yes Jerry I have worked on GE TFs. And many other engines as well. To me it is rather simple. The manual is like 300 pages long. I am doing everything I can as cheap as I can.

This is the 1st time I have had anything on my bench that isn't electronic related. So I'm sorta enjoying the trouble shooting and stuff.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Well I'm one step further than I was. I put the valve in it is now working. They are sending my 35.00 bulb. I hit start this evening and it started. It started to unspool tape and I stopped the pancake and blew the fuse. I just used the last of my ebay bucks and bought some fuses. I don't like to do it; but till they get here I may just bypass the fuse. It is on a GFI circuit so it is pretty well protected. I have a little more confidence I can get it going when the bulb gets here. I hate the dollar is dropping; because I'm buying things from Alan right now. I would rather buy from him then NAC.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
LOL I put a fuse in and it blew in 2 seconds so I put a 5 amp in and found what was wrong. LOL Smoke coming out every where. I had a shorted transistor. So I ordered a transistor should be here tomorrow. Got my 35.00 bulb yesterday. Can't put the smart board in till I get the new transistor. Had to borrow a magnifying glass to read the numbers on it. I don't think my vacuum pump is big enough. So till I can afford another I'll go another route. I will get this thing working or die trying. LOL

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Well I put the bulb in and it blew. I'm going to put the new transistor in and see what happens. I have to get enough vacuum to pull the leader. If I have to buy a bigger pump I'm going to buy a loader that works. I'm so tired of this thing today. I ordered 3 AMP fuses and they sent me 8 amp. Haven't even looked at the transistors yet. I'm just a little upset. This is getting to be a bottomless pit.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Well the transistor is in. I was wicking from the back side the wrong solder connections. LOL So I have that fixed. I can't afford another pump right now. I don't know weather to quit trying and buy one that works or what.. I could have bought one that works with the money I spent on this one.

So i'm a little frustrated today. EEE haw. LOL

Larry

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Saw you have it listed as a parts unit on the Phoenix site. It's sad that it wouldn't work out...

speakerman1

Tagline
I have just put to much time in it to no avail. So it is bye-bye. I'm working on getting another. Wow you mean someone actually visits that site.LOL

Larry

orange

Tagline
At least twice a month looking for used/parts and new accessories.

You get more play than OakTree and he has all those archived listings!

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
So does the King loader suck or are you getting a larger vacumn pump? :mrgreen: Hmm I bet a vacumn pump sucks either way. :cheers:

orange

Tagline
Web Police said:
jbeckva said:
speakerman1 said:
Would probably make more money if I were.

Larry
Change you last name to "Flynt", and you're in there. :sex:

Hmm the girls of Audio Storm really have the thunder where it counts. :faroah:
We have new meanings for Woofers and Tweeters?