Kids these days...

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
A friend of mine works at a grocery store with a bunch of college kids. The other day the Black Crowes' version of "Hard To Handle" came on the store p.a.. The college kids had never heard of The Black Crowes or Otis Redding! I'm not too surprised by Otis but the Black Crowes??? C'mon, where have these kids been all their lives?

Currently spinning one of their classic albums, "Amorica" from 1994. The track "High Head Blues" takes me back to the year 1994 when I lived in Santa Fe. Great city and amazing food!

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
After the technology booms at the end of the 90's and beyond, kids flip music themselves on YouTube and whatever instant gratification is available though the internet. This vs being raised on Radio then MTV. Plus gaming is huge. More distractions.

and we're getting old....

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
i saw the crowes way back here in Tucson, they had a 40' x 100' flag of a weed leaf this was before they were banned from having that as their stage backdrop, all I can say as being enhanced at the show, I was very impressed with their grasp of the down and dirty blues sound.

And having 3 stellar black female backup singers did no harm, shit, Pink Floyd did that years ago, these boys did southerner's proud, rock the hell outta the house at TCC in AZ, When they did 'I'm Feelin' Alright', the stuwmiester almost wet himself, those girls singing back up to his lead was pure magic, I haven't had the pleasure of hearing Joe Cocker and I know it's not the same, Joe is just the right man for that song, all tourets and shaking outta control with da feeling however, these young men did a mighty fine job

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
My nephew just came from AUS. I am going to give him a system out of my left overs. I think this will spoil him so that he will grow as I did to like music. He will have a system from TT to R2R. You just have to show them what music was suppose to sound like.

Larry

clhboa

Chief Journeyman
Stuwee, "Remedy" is my favorite BC's song (from my favorite album of theirs). I saw them on the "High As The Moon" tour. Probably the coolest concert I've ever been too. They had a giant net w/Christmas lights woven through them for a backdrop. They were burning a ton of incense on stage, played really cool music through the p.a. before they went on (deep tracks by Grand Funk Railroad, Skynyrd etc.), This was right when "Southern Harmony + Musical Companion" first came out. I've seen them 4 more times but that first time w/ the classic line up was the best. I've seen Chris solo 2 times and guitarist Marc Ford twice too (once solo and once w/Blue Floyd). My favorite rock band of the 90's. If you haven't seen it check out the dvd "Who killed That Bird Out on Your Window Sill? The Movie". Awesome documentary on the band. It can be had cheap on Amazon. So what are you waitin' for???

Marc Ford was a true power house. I like the band post Marc very well but it was at it's best with him. Rich's album "Paper" is a stellar album as well. Right up there with the best B.C. albums.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
clhboa said:
Stuwee, "Remedy" is my favorite BC's song (from my favorite album of theirs). I saw them on the "High As The Moon" tour. Probably the coolest concert I've ever been too. They had a giant net w/Christmas lights woven through them for a backdrop. They were burning a ton of incense on stage, played really cool music through the p.a. before they went on (deep tracks by Grand Funk Railroad, Skynyrd etc.), This was right when "Southern Harmony + Musical Companion" first came out. I've seen them 4 more times but that first time w/ the classic line up was the best. I've seen Chris solo 2 times and guitarist Marc Ford twice too (once solo and once w/Blue Floyd). My favorite rock band of the 90's. If you haven't seen it check out the dvd "Who killed That Bird Out on Your Window Sill? The Movie". Awesome documentary on the band. It can be had cheap on Amazon. So what are you waitin' for???
'Im sooo jealous, I only saw them the one time, and damn if they didn't bring the house down rightly!! Very impressive to these jaded ears, I loved the groove they spun, kinda like the other fav of mine "The Tragically Hip', an awesome group from the the Great White North, hehe, they got the sound down as well....always good to hear from ya Chris!!

stu