Kerri Chandler ( DJ ) using 4 x Pioneer RT-707 reel machines to play a set....

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Quite a complex process, but nice to see older gear being used in this fashion. Good work by the DJ. The music seems to be recorded at 3.75 i.p.s., but sounds good, nonetheless.

I have a Pioneer MA-62A mixing console headed my way.

Nando.

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
That is verry cool. Even more impressive are 1) doing this without a cue switch on the deck and 2) the multiple cuts per reel, even if they do have splicing tape between each cut to help him find the right song mid-tape. I'd be inclined to just have a ton of 5" reels with one song per reel. The feeder reel would become the take up reel for the next song so as to cut out the rewind time. I'd have everything set up heads-out. No time for tails-out rewinding in that setup.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
I don't get what he is doing with all those machines- I only her one source and all that can be coming off a CD player that is hidden under. I think they are trying to impress someone with all this visual but I don't see the deck doing anything.

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Very cool using tape and effects. I'm used to watching videos of the older German guys like Klaus Shultz or Pete Namlook do something similar with the addition of synthesizers and keyboards. The guy (Kerri?) is talented. Think of all the hours he spent making those tapes.