Kenny Nelson's WOPL 400 conversion.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Board is done.....time to warm up the AP and get some before measurements. Joe, I would like to get some risetime measurements this time. Gonna be around most of the day??

Attachments

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Hmmmm. Get that much snow do ya or is it a goodwill; blower??
We get a fair amount Lee. It is a 1967 Ariens 9HP, oldie but goodie. Every couple of years, the bearings in the chain sprocket crap out. It is the weak point in the design. If it wasn't for that, the thing would just run forever.

It is a PIA to fix it of course. Thank goodness for Ebay parts availability.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
No Ken it's not that bad. The frequency response is expressed in Db from the reference level over a frequency range of 10Hz---80,000Hz. Displays an amps linearity and other quirks. That FR graph is typocal of a stock 400.

The THD & N (total harmonic distortion plus noise) is just what it is expressed in percentage. Channel a is left and b is right. Channel AS is a mess. B isn't bad but it'll get better too.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Pumper called, gotta go to the field, below 0- and it makes just enough water to F&*^% your world up. See ya in 3 or 4 houirs....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
As Joe has often lamented, "It's the mechanical things" that can throw the whole project into a tailspin.This ewarly a series I does not have the cast bell end covering the tranny, and with the stacked caps I wanted a little more support....

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Ken, the "pig" had the 8 finned heatsink, would you like that instead of the 4 you now have?? I'll trade straight acccross for your's.