Just had to acurus L10

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
Although, if my Pre had been improperly stored/cared for as that one has, I'd dive right in and clean/repair/upgrade/de-funkify/improve it or sell it and buy an unmolested well cared for Non-boat anchor'd unit.
And that's where I am at right now, Perry. I've listened to it for much of today and read y'all's comments - I'm putting down the soldering iron and stepping back 5 feet !

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
I can make knobs. eBay sells about sixteen trillion China aluminum knobs to choose from too... (and those will be cheaper than my American-Made ones).

Full disclosure: I use both cheap China, and expensive home-made knobs, as well as cheap china modified by me knobs.
Good to know if I need to replace a couple disfigured knobs on my D500 project !

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I made some handle ferrules for someone here a while back. No idea what happened with that.

I still have the print and could get them run (I hand made the original batch).

mlucitt

I made some handle ferrules for someone here a while back. No idea what happened with that.

I still have the print and could get them run (I hand made the original batch).
The original ferrules for those D-shaped round handles are made out of that new metal - unobtainium.
It would be nice to have a source of those ferrules, the replacement look-alike handles are fairly common.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
They’re just a trim washer for the round section handle.

Originals are anodized, which I could also look into, but they were not cheap when I made them. A big batch run on CNC would be less per ferrule. No idea on anodize cost but the shop is down the road from work.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Mine does not have those rounded off knobs, mine has sharp corners. I think mine is earlier before the bean counters showed up. Perhaps they got replaced by the previous owner. The knobs on mine fill the entire cutout in the faceplate leaving no gap around the knobs. View attachment 68641
Now that looks much nicer.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I have looked on ebay and have not found any I am in love with yet. Plus, the sizes I just ain't so sure about. I may just put lil yellow smiley face stickers on them and call it a day. I dont think it would look worse.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I have looked on ebay and have not found any I am in love with yet. Plus, the sizes I just ain't so sure about. I may just put lil yellow smiley face stickers on them and call it a day. I dont think it would look worse.
Yup, someone stole the original aluminum billet knobs off of yours for another project...

George S.

Manuals on HiFi Engine. And lots of photos of the boards are around for the looking. I'm eventually going to build a clone board to drop into a PL2000 S2. I have acquired all the NOS Toshiba transistors, just have to find time. Probably years away in retirement.

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
WOW...awesome! Never looked here for knobs - just speaker and other gizmos. Thank you!

Manuals on HiFi Engine. And lots of photos of the boards are around for the looking. I'm eventually going to build a clone board to drop into a PL2000 S2. I have acquired all the NOS Toshiba transistors, just have to find time. Probably years away in retirement.
Yep - that is usually my first stop when buying stuff off da-bay. Thanks

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Machined from old Alcoa semi truck wheels by 10 year old kids running a 1950's surplus Monarch 32NN lathe auctioned off by the USAF.
You would be amazed at the equipment that China has equipped themselves with as essential infrastructure for the world's manufacturing task.