just got a 700 ii

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Don speaks truth. The stock rectifier is more than adequate for the task at 25A, 400V. You are just buying yourself extra margin.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
Don speaks truth. The stock rectifier is more than adequate for the task at 25A, 400V. You are just buying yourself extra margin.
that is good to know and I guess you can put me on team overkill because I like the idea of buying myself extra margin. also I got a question for early next year I am planing on ordering backplanes what is this talk I here about a rev c available/comming out and site still says rev b?

https://forums.phxaudiotape.com/threads/white-oak-rev-c-back-plane-board-observations.8943/

Last edited:

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
that is good to know and I guess you can put me on team overkill because I like the idea of buying myself extra margin. also I got a question for early next year I am planing on ordering backplanes what is this talk I here about a rev c available/comming out and site still says rev b?
Rev C Backplane Boards are shipping. The WOA site was last updated 6/5/2020 and it refers to Rev C for the PL700 Backplane Boards.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
when time come to work on my amp are any of sock parts that get gutted worth any thing to any one that could be sold?

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
who would want the junk back plane parts or a burnt up Control board or a wad of shitty wire???? Or the shipping that would go along with the junk?? You need to relax since you are quite a ways away for a rebuild. Start worrying about that stuff when we get into the disassembly stage (what, next year??)

mlucitt

when time come to work on my amp are any of sock parts that get gutted worth any thing to any one that could be sold?
The only parts of any value when you are looking to WOPL your PL amplifier are the transformer/mounting hardware, original knobs and handles (if they are in good condition), and meters/mounting hardware (for the PL400 or 700B).
Maybe a nice original wood cabinet...