Jolly Green Giant 700B in work

Opinions

• Total voters

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Well, I'm still working out the details of the insert (the color), but here is the toned down version (Black Knobs). I got stuck working around the house so I haven't started testing yet. I did the Burn in for 12 hours, and got the bias set to 357 (my favorite number). I only have 1 thermal switch in it so no blasting, the new ones will be here tomorrow.... I must have knocked it off the bench into the shit can. No biggie, I wanted to see these new ones anyway. I have more changes coming but I want to get it all together and get a base line. I am working on a set of meters, they will be my special addition. Anyway, her is a shot or two of The Jolly Green Giant or as Joe likes to call it, the Amazing Hulk. I gotta thank Joe big time. Every hair brained idea I come up with, he engineers it for me... Oh shit, maybe I shouldn't thank him. He's contributing to my delinquencies!!!! :)

Joe found the right color LED's (it's a close match to my Pearl Lime Green parts)and stayed up till the crack of noon getting the Light board just right. THANKS Mr. King. Time for a beer......

IMG_6043_renamed_3668.jpg IMG_6038_renamed_21646.jpg IMG_6039_renamed_11443.jpg IMG_6041_renamed_2508.jpg

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Well, I'm still working out the details of the insert (the color), but here is the toned down version (Black Knobs). I got stuck working around the house so I haven't started testing yet. I did the Burn in for 12 hours, and got the bias set to 357 (my favorite number). I only have 1 thermal switch in it so no blasting, the new ones will be here tomorrow.... I must have knocked it off the bench into the shit can. No biggie, I wanted to see these new ones anyway. I have more changes coming but I want to get it all together and get a base line. I am working on a set of meters, they will be my special addition. Anyway, her is a shot or two of The Jolly Green Giant or as Joe likes to call it, the Amazing Hulk. I gotta thank Joe big time. Every hair brained idea I come up with, he engineers it for me... Oh shit, maybe I shouldn't thank him. He's contributing to my delinquencies!!!! :)

Joe found the right color LED's (it's a close match to my Pearl Lime Green parts)and stayed up till the crack of noon getting the Light board just right. THANKS Mr. King. Time for a beer......

View attachment 39936 View attachment 39937 View attachment 39938 View attachment 39939

I just think it is more appropriate having a picture of Lou Ferrigno (sp) holding it rather than that asparagus guy on the canned food can.

PS: Enjoying a Buffalo Trace, not a beer :)

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Perry that's a real nice build.. I like the colors man.. colors.. like green.. red.. said stop.. go..

huh??!!

(lol awesome build man.. love it)

Thanks Jer. It was a fun build, I'm playing with the filter color right now. How's about purple for the center section?
That's cruel Perry, that will be a handsome amp in a dark room with that nice green glowing.

Yes, the ol lady can be a tough cookie. I been out in the shop listening to it with the lights dimmed. When I walked out there after dark, it looked like a toxic waste dump with the green glowing out the windows... Too funny. Reminds me of Christmas Vacation.... SHITTERS FULL......

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
sorry Perry someone is going to buy that one , Sweet looking in those color combos

I snagged the 4000t off ebay... Couldn't help myself. I think some green Highlights and she'll fit right in. I'll have to sell my highly modded C-1 or I'll move it out to the Amp Shack. I need a pre out there (and a WOPL) shit..............

Tagline
---6 and 7 days work week, no end in sight
I snagged the 4000t off ebay... Couldn't help myself. I think some green Highlights and she'll fit right in. I'll have to sell my highly modded C-1 or I'll move it out to the Amp Shack. I need a pre out there (and a WOPL) shit..............
I see where your going with this amp and the 4000t, this is going to be a latch-up to recon with...

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Sidebar- I have a 4000t in black if anyone is interested
Thanks for letting my advertise here Perry

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I tried purple and of course Green for the WOPL Insert and just did the green. Now I took it partially apart to install the thermal switches and polish the WOPL insert and do some detailing of the meters. But have been listening to it for a couple days. Rock on.

Green.jpg

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
I tried purple and of course Green for the WOPL Insert and just did the green. Now I took it partially apart to install the thermal switches and polish the WOPL insert and do some detailing of the meters. But have been listening to it for a couple days. Rock on.

View attachment 39998
Really liking that one, excellent job. Keep It!