Joe at White Oak Audio Design HAS STRUCK AGAIN

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Last year I had asked Joe about doing something to address the Meter Boards for the Phase Linear 700 Series II (This applies to the 400 Series II also). Well, today I received, in the mail, the new Kits to replace the meter boards in both models.

YES, YOU READ THIS RIGHT. WE CAN REPLACE OUR CYLON METER BOARDS IN THE 700 AND 400 SERIES II AMPS.

NO MORE LAZY EYED AMPS. AND, THE PRICE IS EASY ON THE WALLET.

Follow along guys as I get to build the last of the my Clair "Enforcer" amps which will receive new meter boards. Thanks WOAD for listening to the "Little Guy's"

nothing new here, Joe's parts ALWAYS SHOW UP IN PERFECT CONDITION....
NewMeterBoards 001.jpg

And, the parts are all marked and formed for east identification and insertion.

I'll post more as I assemble these today, yes, that is an old board shown below for visuals. the new boards follow the footprint of the originals. This is a quality kit as all of WOAD kits/parts are.

NewMeterBoards 002.jpg

Out to the shop I go......

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
What I'm looking forward to is putting one of these in each of the monster mono's......

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
oNCE AGAIN jOE HAS PROVIDED US WITH A SUPERIOR PRODUCT TO REPLACE AN OBSOLETE POS....

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I started with one side of the boards at a time. Soldering will take place on both sides in this application.
NewMeterBoards2 002.jpg

and, in about 4 hours or so, you'll have a new set of meter boards. I the pic below, I did a good cleaning BEFORE adding the Electrolytic Caps, some don't like any application of chemicals so I put those on last just in case (they have rubber seals on them). Be carefull when cleaning so you don't pop the jumpers loose. I'll tack them down when the final cleaning is done. This is a shot of opposite sides.

NewMeterBoards2 006.jpg NewMeterBoards2 007.jpg

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Kick fucking ass!!!! How much is a set going to be? This will be better then Ed fixing my old meter and with the other having the possibility of giving up the ghost at any time. How do you calibrate them Perry?

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
This is great news. I think everyone is somewhat worried about their cylon eyes dying. Mine work except the left meter doesn't go above 0, which doesn't really matter to me. But, I'll pick up a kit for the "just in case" that might happen down the road. You never can tell about these things. One day they work, the next....go figure!

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Kick fucking ass!!!! How much is a set going to be? This will be better then Ed fixing my old meter and with the other having the possibility of giving up the ghost at any time. How do you calibrate them Perry?
Ron, I have to get the documentation for calibration, should be pretty easy though even without it. As far as price, I'll let Joe post that, It's probably not been set tight yet. He may be waiting on me for a "Field Report"... :director:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
This is great news. I think everyone is somewhat worried about their cylon eyes dying. Mine work except the left meter doesn't go above 0, which doesn't really matter to me. But, I'll pick up a kit for the "just in case" that might happen down the road. You never can tell about these things. One day they work, the next....go figure!
Indeed, great news. I have been fighting old shit too. I have found anything from funky caps to corroded LED leads (some all the way through) and am glad the replacements are done.

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Perry you have to figure out if Dons DC board will Find DC current as you will bridge the two hot outputs for the speaker connects. The speaker will be without any connection to the star common ground. Got to ponder this one a bit

Last edited:

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
DCP

Perry you may want to run the two backplate outputs as the + and - through the DCP. Also you can run these outputs parallel through each channel relay to share the load. This would have left channel hot and right channel running as + and - as they are inverted and make the bridged high output.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Perry you may want to run the two backplate outputs as the + and - through the DCP. Also you can run these outputs parallel through each channel relay to share the load. This would have left channel hot and right channel running as + and - as they are inverted and make the bridged high output.
This is one of the Enforcers I'm finishing.

Mr. T to be exact.

I don't have a suitable amp or power supply enclosure as of yet and am still collecting parts. I may have to sell some of these Red Devils to pay for the MONO Project. I have the 4 consec serial numbers and didn't want to sell or split them up but shit happens. Unless a rich uncle dies,,,,,,

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
WOW! THANKS, JOE!

They look like commonly available LED segments- we can get blue or green or yellow or magenta or cyan or purple or ultraviolet or infrared or...

(I think I'm gonna piss myself...)