Jeff Beck has passed

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
known about that from a friend's post at fb and I am just terribly sad and shocked for it...
Jeff is maybe my most favourite guitarist ever, which means a lot to me, as i play guitar since i was a child.
During my teen years, i literally worn out my vinyl copy of "blow by blow" by trying to follow him with my guitar.

He is, IMO, the most incredible, pioneering and uncopyable guitarist ever... nobody else like him.
That's just a huge loss.

Thanks, Maestro, for letting us hear some of your magic.

R.I.P. Jeff

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
@FredR : you simply nailed it... that's just THE song which, as a teen back in the 80s, i used to play again and again on my "blow by blow" LP while playing my guitar along it, until it came sort of acceptable... which means that track on my vinyl is particularly worn out! (and even at this age now, my touch isn't still nowhere as beautiful as his one)
But, as i can see in this video, he used to always make it differently... and amazing!

Must still have a bootleg recording of one of his gigs from 1975, tour of "blow by blow", where he was just on fire. Time to dig it out and listen to it again.

Last edited:

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Jeff Beck live was a real 'treat'.

We went to the A.R.M.S Tour for Ronnie Lane ... 1983 ... at a place called the Cow Palace in South San Fran.

It showcased Clapton, Page and Beck.

The Beck portion was my absolute favorite.

This song looms large in my memory banks...

Simon on drums nailed it! You WOPL knuckleheads who have your 'puter connected should CRANK this UP!

Last edited: