J&R: closed

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
A couple years ago I took the family to NYC. A first time for us and a rare family trip, saw some sights - The Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Times Square. Cool place to visit, no desire to live there...!

I happened to find out, the "analog guru" Michael Fremer, was going to be at J&R discussing turntable basics. I thought that would be cool to see while I was down there. So I took a cab and we split up for a couple hours. It was an interesting little seminar. I got to meet Michael briefly afterwards.

I then took sometime to poke around at J&R. What an awesome place for electronics and media. I ended up buying a double LP of the Branford Marsalis Quartet : Four MF's Playing Tunes. I remember it came out in limited quantities on record store day, and had no luck finding it. But there it was. It was actually to only thing I bought for myself during the entire trip. For me, visiting J&R really added to the overall experience of the trip. Coolness!

When I read about J&R closing today, I have to admit I felt a little sad. It's just added to list of places I used to like to shop at, or worked at, that no longer exist.

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
A couple years ago I took the family to NYC. A first time for us and a rare family trip, saw some sights - The Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Times Square. Cool place to visit, no desire to live there...!

I happened to find out, the "analog guru" Michael Fremer, was going to be at J&R discussing turntable basics. I thought that would be cool to see while I was down there. So I took a cab and we split up for a couple hours. It was an interesting little seminar. I got to meet Michael briefly afterwards.

I then took sometime to poke around at J&R. What an awesome place for electronics and media. I ended up buying a double LP of the Branford Marsalis Quartet : Four MF's Playing Tunes. I remember it came out in limited quantities on record store day, and had no luck finding it. But there it was. It was actually to only thing I bought for myself during the entire trip. For me, visiting J&R really added to the overall experience of the trip. Coolness!

When I read about J&R closing today, I have to admit I felt a little sad. It's just added to list of places I used to like to shop at, or worked at, that no longer exist.
Don't be sad. They are revamping their store.

http://www.jr.com/information/contentb.jsp?contentPath=/Content/media/html/information/thankyou.html