It is getting to be that time of year

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Not only Trans Siberian Orchestra but the beneficiary of the donations - Musicares - is a tremendously valuable organization for all musicians, most of whom are never on salary. I first became acqauinted with them at an International Bluegrass Music Association conference a few years ago in Raleigh, NC. They were giving away free earplugs and for those who, like me, had time to sit for a few minutes, they poured wax into each ear to make molds for custom fitted earplugs that are designed to pass all frequencies while reducing the volume level by your predetermined amount. A couple of weeks later, I got mine in the mail and have been using them to this day. These are high-end volume reducers - very expensive to make - and were made available to all conference participants for free if they had time to be fitted.

They're headquartered in Nashville, IIRC, and as I'm on their mailing list, I see what else they provide: from free flu vaccines to financial counseling to free dental care and more. If you're a freelance musician, as most are, they are one of your most valuable allies. I can highly recommend them should you choose to watch the special and donate.