Issues with last night's listening session

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I put on a fresh Dire Straights Lp & it seems most of the vocals & lead guitar is coming from the right speaker. I switch to another fresh Lp, David Gilmour & same thing. Left speaker is playing but weak. Still sounds good so I carry on.
It's getting late, I'm tired. I won't be listening to the radio any more. The PL5000 tuner has been turned on all day, as I switch back & forth.
When I switch off the tuner.......BINGO! The left speaker comes alive big time & I Sphongled until the wee hours. I could feel the couch vibrating underneath me 18' away from the speaks.. All good.
What's happening? Some sort of signal crossing in the preamp?

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
No loose interconnects & they are new & decent quality.$35.00 for a 3 foot 'patch cord' is good enough for me right now. I'm not sure at what price point a patch cord becomes an interconnect? Heh...Heh (JK) The Onkyo Integra pre has a rotary input selector. As long as the tuner is powered off, Lp's & CD's play just super. Dead quiet between tracks. But if playing CD's or LP's & the tuner is powered up, the left speaker output is diminished. Not a real problem. Turn off the tuner when not in use & all is well.
I've never looked inside the pre. After house guests leave next week I'll DeOxit the selector switch & see.
Seem's odd to my feeble mind that it's only the left speaker being affected though? Part of the fun of antique gear I guess.