Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right

marcok

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I'm very curious about any tech item
In Amazon.com is out of stock ,
but in Europe ( named Omnitronic LH 125 ) it's avalable .
I had to quote the MCM , because this is an American forum .
Any way glad to hear that this kind of devices works.
Ciao
Marco

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
In Amazon.com is out of stock ,
but in Europe ( named Omnitronic LH 125 ) it's avalable .
I had to quote the MCM , because this is an American forum .
Any way glad to hear that this kind of devices works.
Ciao
Marco
No complaints with the DAC, mostly streaming YouTube music at whatever sampling rate it was recorded at or my connection can keep up with. I think that is my limiting factor and not the device.

marcok

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
After reading the report I just bought a second hand unit like new ( € 47 shipping included )
I'll let you know if it's a good choice .
A general consideration : I'm starting to realize that now with new sources ( hi level )
a preamp is unnecessary . The S/N should be good .
A simple selector in combination with a volume control is sufficient .
Are tone controls necessary ? Probably no .
For phono preamp there are many choices such as Project , Thorens and so on .
I would like to use only the selector of my Marantz receiver ,
line and power amp for phones and only one remote for CD player and volume .
( using a simple remote with learning )
Ciao
Marco

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
thanks for the tip...just what i was looking for...
just got it ordered...
you guys are the best!!!!
Hey Gene, you’re using the Dayton DSP right? Thinking of using one while I sort out my isolation transformers and balance issues. Is a computer required to configure the unit? All I got is a Linux based r-Pi rn and as I know nothing about Linux I’m not sure I can install the software being windows based? I dunno, last time I was any good with a computer is was MS-DOS based...

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
it has a free program for the computer...can only talk to the device via supplied usb cable...it does not show a linux version...i have win 10...maybe with vmware, virtual box, wine, etc...not certain of your emulator experience. ..it has an available usb dongle to talk to it with ios or android app...the dongle is very overpriced 50 bucks....and they have written to the rom...a generic bt usb will not work...or at least the ones i tried...i had to get the dayton stick...
1. computer connect...cable
2. phone connect ... dayton usb bt stick...
it is a highly rated device with 4 inputs and 8 outputs...active xover...which means by passing your passive xovers in speakers...equalizer...mixer...
short learning curve...and you can spend eternity tweaking the sound of your speakers...lol
we all live and thrive in these rabbit holes!!!

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
it has a free program for the computer...can only talk to the device via supplied usb cable...it does not show a linux version...i have win 10...maybe with vmware, virtual box, wine, etc...not certain of your emulator experience. ..it has an available usb dongle to talk to it with ios or android app...the dongle is very overpriced 50 bucks....and they have written to the rom...a generic bt usb will not work...or at least the ones i tried...i had to get the dayton stick...
1. computer connect...cable
2. phone connect ... dayton usb bt stick...
it is a highly rated device with 4 inputs and 8 outputs...active xover...which means by passing your passive xovers in speakers...equalizer...mixer...
short learning curve...and you can spend eternity tweaking the sound of your speakers...lol
we all live and thrive in these rabbit holes!!!
Cool. I’m already tri-amped with an active crossover but I’m battling grounding and balance issues causing noise rn. I’ve got line level transformers I‘lol be working on to maintain a true anolog signal path but the DSP might be a quick way to get things working quietly while I fuss with all that. Will probably sound good enough Ill never get around to fixing it... seriously considering getting one to play around with and could always use it elsewhere.

gene french

Tagline
Cool. I’m already tri-amped with an active crossover but I’m battling grounding and balance issues causing noise rn. I’ve got line level transformers I‘lol be working on to maintain a true anolog signal path but the DSP might be a quick way to get things working quietly while I fuss with all that. Will probably sound good enough Ill never get around to fixing it... seriously considering getting one to play around with and could always use it elsewhere.
they are not expensive ... i have 3...
i went back to eqs on all full range speakers...i have a set in mbr and in the voigt pipes...they are really nice sounding speakers...
the last days i rerouted wires in the mbr...and got rid of my noise...a wiring nightmare...
got my dsp from parts express...i like dayton audio products...
need to rewire the den just to be more orderly...
i am almost where i want to be!!
good luck!!!

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
maybe with vmware, virtual box, wine, etc...not certain of your emulator experience
I’ll look into that, I’ve been so far removed from tinkering with computers beyond user level for work and shit that I never even thought to use an emulator. I miss the good old days of 1200/2400 baud dial up BBS’s. Would take hours just to see some grainy tits but what a time. Can’t find the OS flow chart I’m looking for either to post but the gist of it was: does your breath smell like cum? With yes leading to Microsoft, No to Linux, and No, but my farts do to Mac... other than the Mac/iOS being absolutely correct I have no opinion!

gene french

Tagline
I’ll look into that, I’ve been so far removed from tinkering with computers beyond user level for work and shit that I never even thought to use an emulator. I miss the good old days of 1200/2400 baud dial up BBS’s. Would take hours just to see some grainy tits but what a time. Can’t find the OS flow chart I’m looking for either to post but the gist of it was: does your breath smell like cum? With yes leading to Microsoft, No to Linux, and No, but my farts do to Mac... other than the Mac/iOS being absolutely correct I have no opinion!
i had a computer store from 82 til 1st qtr 07...
i rode that horse until it died...death was inevitable...the internet sales and companies getting their own techs stripped the small businesses...i will not complain...i was privilidged to be there at that point in time...i learned a lot...
was sco unix certified and novell certified...last version of windows i used was xp pro...went to the linux side...running multiple flavors until i stuck with ubuntu...a couple of years back i bought new computer...nuc i5...i just stuck with windows 10...did not reload linux...i still have a running box with ubuntu 16 i believe...i purchased vmware 5 for my window emulation needs...it surficed...the best solution is to run a virtual windows machine under linux...or you actually have dual boot machine...you can do it the other way around to run linux as the virtual machine...but i preferred linux as my favorite to be the native side...dual boot killed a lot of time rebooting....this is old hat by now...and i have not kept up with the technology...i am sure there are newer and better solutions today...
apple os10 and greater was unix/linux based ...
android is linux based as practically every router..
we used to build our own routers from outdated pcs under linux...
i have a command for mr nav...
tail -f....
lolol
started computing in very early 80s..ran ms dos 2.0...dos of preference was 3.1...
lolol
in 72 when i finished college...no major was available at lsu in computer science...i was able to swing a bit to minor in the subject...close as i could get...
it was really fun...my first machine to program on was an ibm 360...
wow...where have all of the years gone!!!

marcok

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Just arrived and connected ! It's perfect for our vintage gears !
I don't like the remote included : it's a " credit card type " .
Replaced with this :
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07H5HMKG4?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
Remote set up :
Power : Living room light
Channel up : Cd track up
Channel Down : Cd Track down
Volume + : Volume +
Volume - : Volume -
Muting : Muting
Ciao
Marco

gene french

Tagline
really nice!!!!
congrats!!!
cant wait for mine to arrive!!!...i have a harmony hub...and can design my own remote with phone in harmony hub app....i have it for tv, satellite, su9 preamp...and will make a profilefor the ir remote...just use phone for all remotes...harmony uses ir to talk to devices and you talk to harmony through wifi...i put an ir blaster in the mix because my tv is on a lift...this blaster brings signal to closed off units...nice little setup...

marcok

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I know this kind of remote like Harmony . I use a Meliconi remote for everything :
TV , Sat , Vcr , BluRay , lights , Home theatre and so on , but in this case I have preferred
the simplest solution for this system . An other to play .
Anyway , according the report by Audiosciencereview , the sound is O.K.
Ciao
Marco