introductions

Tilly-Dr. Von Ron

New Around These Parts
Hell. I am Ron Kratzke and am married 41 years to the girl I met @PL. We both wired amps and worked close enough to throw parts at Mike Derosier (Heart drummer). Mylinda has w/o doubt worked at every company Bob ever had in the NW. At every location. Edmonds excluded. My fondest memory is that there is not a single venue that allowed us back for our Xmas party two consecutive years. With good reason. PL was a fantastic experience as we worked 4-10's fri, sat,sun off. I you see a sticker with Ron or Dr Von Ron, thats my 400. My wife was Tilly., she did 700b's. The stickers are under the pcb. And what White Oak is currently doing I attempted to get Bob to do the same thing with the higher end Carvers and the PL's. Alas, to no avail as he is a bit of a "travelor." I was right, he wasn't. but, he's Bob and I am not. Plus I got several $50 400's. b-stock, but still. I still love that stuff.

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Welcome Ron! It will be great to have you and Tilly in the Phoenix house. I bet you have some stories to tell. We will probably be picking your brains along the way. You can help us decode some of the other sticker names we have seen in our units such as Pat, Pam, Katie, Russ, RB, C, and others. Ed Blackwood is a contributor to this group and always has good historical information. You will see him as Oldphaser.

Of course pictures are always welcome, so feel free to share and old scans or even recent pictures of your Phase Linear gear.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Welcome Ron!! We're pretty laid back here, hang out and be groovy...

Tilly-Dr. Von Ron

New Around These Parts
tyvm Mlucitt. I know Ed and Dean both although I understand that Ed moved to the NE. Dean and Ed have gone throught and Matched up outputs and drivers on every amp I have ever bought, not new. Amazing what people try to make work in those amps. RB may be Roland, C is most likely Char if it is a 400. I was dr von ron or ron and Tilly was my honey on 700b's. PL only had two competitors, Crown and Mac. Crown super dependable PL cool and powerful. I am looking to WOPL a 700a 700b and a 400. any thoughts? either Ed or Dean had a sweet pair 580's I craved . I had 560's but they were half as good as 580's. can't find nor afford them now.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
If you WOPL a 700 you will know what they should have sounded like....primo stuff..

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
We used to match outputs and also T1 and T2 on the Control Board. We don't have to do than now thanks to the great products White Oak Audio sends us.
Did a different group build the circuit boards and then you guy wired them up? Or did you guys build circuit boards too?