Introduction and question for the esteemed moderators

Peter Walker

New Around These Parts
speakerman1 said:
Can we ban Stu based on the above...I think his blatant and often use of Stuwella more than warrants this :cheers:
[/quote]
Well, that is either a badly worded rule of a rule the likes of which I've never encountered on any other forum. On an audio forum, strictly applied, it could be used to prevent discussion of something as important as WAF, the dreaded curse of 'she who must be obeyed' dictating what can and can't be put in HER living room.

OK before questions start flying. I am going to put this as good as I can. That is a CYA rule. We are international. We take all people at face value. You are beating a dead horse. We tried to explain what the rule meant. I am sorry if you don't like the rule. It is a rule. The rest of this can probably be left to you imagination.

Larry[/quote]
It's not that I don't like the rule it's simply that I don't fully understand it's implications especially as to how it's applied here. As to 'we tried to explain the rule' could you please point me to where it's explained?
I hope this doesn't appear to be making a mountain out of a mole hill but I'd really like to know where I stand on this before I put my foot in it. Thanks.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
We don't apply things here. You have been a Mod in an Audio forum. What would you like to see? You will be told if you cross the line by someone in here. Alot of things are done by the members themselves. They know and probably you know what is good taste.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
And if you, as you say, "put your foot in it" , it's discussed , banning is a last resort not a first option. Lighten up, we're a non-critical bunch. And wwe're all kindred spirits or we wouldn't be here.

Peter Walker said:
laatsch55 said:
Where's the shithead been lately anyway, and with kindred spirits joining up!!!
I would be a mistake to assume that just because I'm a fairy I'm a kindred spirit to all other fairies. I've found just as many gays to be obnoxious as I've found hetros, dykes, etc etc.

I think you mistook this for a question to you. I doubt very seriously this was being asked of you specifically.

So, like FF said post away and have some fun :thumbleft:

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Rex Everything said:
Can we ban Stu based on the above...I think his blatant and often use of Stuwella more than warrants this :cheers:
What?? You're in danger of losing you're bonus points my dear :reindeer:

stuwella knows where ya live :reindeer:

Peter welcome, there;s room for more than one person of the other persasuion here, these are some of the best buds you could ever ask for as friends, regardless to the fact that they prefer the company of women for pleasure, among other things ...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Now you know why I can't be a mod...

It was those striped pants Mom got at Sears.

Thank god no bell bottoms and wingtips followed.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Peter, we do treat members with respect around here. Some of us initial forum members like to kid each other quite a bit. If we seem loose with stuwee it is because we all know him well for many years. We look forward to any new members posts and we hope we don't scare them off. :thumbright:

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
I've enjoyed many forums throughout the years and have never completely read the rules, or the ones here for that matter. I've also never been banned. I don't concider the Internet a place to teach repsect for those who don't already know what it means to operate within that boundary already.

In terms of subject of politics, religion, and sexuality I try to proceed with caution, if at all, because you never know who your going to offend. If I'm looking for subjects of that matter to discuss, there are other places on the Internet for those topics.

Although this is likely the tightest group of folks I have run into, it is still a rather small place and lightly moderated. Recently several of us found that a "joke" thread might be offensive to people so it was removed and a new passworded thread opened up for likely more illicit subjects. I haven't been there...yet.

However, I'm here to discuss audio related topics myself. I'm looking forward to your future posts on those matters.

Cheers

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Peter Walker said:
As I can't figure out how to navigate back to the forum rules listed when you first register I'm now only going on memory but I DO REMEMBER a reference to not mentioning 'sexual orientation'.
For me it's no problem it's just that I've never encountered a forum rule like that one before and thought it really curious.
I'd also like someone to point me to how I set up an avatar. I can't see any mention of it on the User Control Panel pages.

If you wanna mention you're gay I'm not worried a bit. Just don't try to buy anything from me with wooden nickels via PAYPAL.

Always remember a person is defined by which side they butter their cornflakes on!

PS Being the newbie you are responsible for buying the clubhouses rootbeer Wednesday! Remember, I must have DIET!

We're out of baloney I think, I used it up :)