In case anyone thought that i had slid back to the other side.....

Tagline
A clear conscience is actually a bad memory.
Hi All,

I have been very quiet for the last week or so, not because i wanted to, but becuase i am having some major work done to my home, No Kitchen, No Utility room ( I can live with this ) No Broadband.... and then NO ELECTRICITY! Sigh...

Today i have both broadband AND electricity.... but it will be sporadic over the coming weeks...

I have 'sealed' in my main HiFi. so no access to that at all, but i do have a 'retro' ( Yes more retro than the 1978 Pioneer stack of joy !) and can use that one to remain involved in various tape swap projects!! - Providing that i have electricity of course...

And my one salvation, a room that is untainted by various tradesmen.....is now full of tools, wires, and the stuff from the other rooms that did not fit in the garage - Mrs PC and i are basically 'camping' ,,,Ha ha

Only 4 weeks to go.....

PC

Attachments

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
Yep. I need to do three bathrooms, add a fourth, and expand the house to accommodate a larger kitchen where the existing one is.

Oh, and I can’t make any dust.

I need another job to pay for house renovation.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Shaun: Think ahead to when the remodeling is complete. When we had our upstairs renovated we had the downstairs to hunker in, so it wasn't too much of an inconvenience.

Nando.

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
We blew out a kitchen and both bathrooms in our big house whilst all four of us were living in it. We managed the bathrooms okay but after 6 weeks and no kitchen, my youngest said she could not eat another meal from the gas grill. Took her a while to get a taste for grilled food back; she wasn't kidding. Hope yours isn't quite as traumatic, Shaun.

Tagline
A clear conscience is actually a bad memory.
Hi All,
I have electricity again... I have just discovered that you can do decent oven chips on the Weber BBQ ! Guess what i have just eaten? Steak and chips on the BBQ... Happy days...

Dust! Well i have never seen so much dust... our house is from the Georgian period, and i think that it was made out of dust.... My kit is sealed in, the upstairs doors are sealed during the day...

Only another 4 weeks, and yes it will be great when done.

@ Bob - kithen and Bathrooms at the same time! Brave

@ J!m - Yep hunger works like a charm, even Mrs PC is calm with some road kill to chomp on!

@ Nando - We have two rooms uneffected, it was 4. but now two.... Our Bedroom and the upstairs bathroom.... sigh Of course here in England, we do not all live in Dowton Abbey.... I had to find something from box 57 - Love a good spreadsheet, but i hate trying to find the box!

Thanks guys

PC ( Off to get the plaster dust off himself! )