I'm full...now what???

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
So...just put away every album sitting out 'cept the one playing. Crammed them in every rack, drawer, cubby and Expedit I have....I'm officially full...no more room!! Now what?!?!?

Maybe give up my r2r's....thought I'd like to get into them but don't have the time. Free up some space and a couple of cabinet holes full of tapes. I've only recorded lp's so basically it's redundant media. Anyone local that wants to talk me out of the r2r's feel free to pm. Any deal would include a feed and a drunk!

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
you got ceiling racks yet??

So...just put away every album sitting out 'cept the one playing. Crammed them in every rack, drawer, cubby and Expedit I have....I'm officially full...no more room!! Now what?!?!?

Maybe give up my r2r's....thought I'd like to get into them but don't have the time. Free up some space and a couple of cabinet holes full of tapes. I've only recorded lp's so basically it's redundant media. Anyone local that wants to talk me out of the r2r's feel free to pm. Any deal would include a feed and a drunk!

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Dave: It seems your passion is with vinyl and you don't intend to stop buying more LPs. The space a couple of open-reels take up might buy you enough space for the upcoming year. Then what? But, this is more about unloading something you don't use much. Post what you got and, hopefully, someone local can free your mind and some needed space.

Nando.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
I think you hit it Nando.

i don't "collect" lp's for flipping or rarity. I like to think that every 50cent or $1 album I buy is saving it from a junk pile to be enjoyed and played again. I splurge once in awhile but love pouring over stacks of vinyl and coming home with 10-20 albums for $10....they all get a spin.

Think I'll take your advice and try to consolidate. Free up some time and space to continue my favorite part of this hobby.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Shiite Fish, I've got a tiny house and SIX, get a mortgage.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Hey Fish, if you have a factory recorded Black Sabbath - Paranoid I would be interested. I just have the box

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
No factory recorded Paranoid Ron....I'll keep my eyes open for it though. I run into boxes of recorded media once in awhile but usually nothing I'm interested in.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Most of my 5,000+ Lps are in boxes in the spare room...sad! I used to have them all out on racks and could tell exactly which one I wanted by looking at the spine. Those days are gone, no room to display...still, my treasures are in the house and I just have to dig them out and that makes them sound that much better when I find them :happy3:

:blob8: Win the Lottery, and get the space you need :blob8:, you can't win if you don't play!!

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Moonsoons end in late September, I have A/C so no worries with the panels...

Tony, I had close to 7,000 at my hoarding best moment, trimmed it down...700 Kenny Rodgers was just too many :happy2:, now down to just what 500 I can pull from the boxes for heavy rotation when friends come over in the living room, and that is sooo much fun :happy3:

Jesus, I can't find anything, just groups of pleasure Haha!

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
5000+ lp's? :happy2:

That's called ...

Not there myself, 2500-ish maybe. There's only so much room in on bedroom condo so you have to go up.

The original of the now several record conventions in Vancouver was held at The Croatian Cultural Center. In the early 1980's a friend and avid record buyer let some of his friends crash at his place for a few days when they drove from Edmonton to attend. Their mandate was if you had less than 10,000 LP's, you weren't a serious collector.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
BURP a few times, take a nap, watch football and go back for more...

Well, it works at Thanksgiving. :toothy5:

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
I'm bitching and I'm the lowly one at about 1600 titles......

I'm unfortunately a big crap collector, never know what I'll come back with from the fleas. What shelves do not have lp's on are filled with smalls. If I gotta have it I buy it and worry where to put it when we get home.