I'm declarin...

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
How does a pirate get his mast up?
He mastARRRRbates!

What do pirates and pimps have in common?
They both say "YO HO!" and walk with a limp!

What did the pirate think of the wench's booty?
He thought it was plunderfull!

How does a pirate get his mast up?
He uses a wench!

Last edited:

NavLinear

Damn Dude!!! Who put the quarter in you?????????LMAO!!
Must get our monies worth:

What ARRRRRe a Pirate's favorite games?
Gin and Rummy!

Why was the comely wench so happy?
Her favorite piratetook SEA-alis!

Why don't pirates need lawyers?
They prefer to settle through ARRrrrbitration!

Last edited:

NavLinear

Arrrgh, Tis a great burden to read Nav's black on grey font. pick a color or walk the plank Arrrgh

Official Site: http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html
I just switched to the blakened format and can see the dilemma. I selected the text and then switched the font color to automatic and it seems to contrast well in all format modes.

Does anyone know how to make this the default setting for font color? I'll dick around some more but if someone knows how to set this I (and others) would appreciate it.

NavLinear

I do not understand. Kindly tell me why you want to talk bad on purpose. Thank you
It has to do with pirates and movies that depict them - lots of slang and different terms are used. I don't know how the english would translate but I'm sure something is lost. This is fun and silly - so we're all over it.

Tagline
Root beer connoisseur.
Pirates steal boats and kill people. I still do not understand why you want to act like them. But thank you for explaining to me.
I think it's a reference to the mock holiday "Talk Like A Pirate Day," which is a "holy day" of the religion Pastafarianism (also called the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster).

NavLinear

Pirates steal boats and kill people. I still do not understand why you want to act like them. But thank you for explaining to me.
Sorry - we're not trying to act like pirates that steal or kill people. It's more like Halloween (this could be another touchy topic) where one dresses up like a vampire but we really have no intention of being what ever we are portraying in costume. Sort of like playing doctor - well maybe not - but that was fun.

If you don't know what that is all about you'll need to ask Lee.:laughing1:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I do not understand. Kindly tell me why you want to talk bad on purpose. Thank you
For the same reason you would not like to be called a Montagnard, they represent the struggle within a struggle. Poor guys just chose the wrong side when it was time for them to commit, don't ya think??

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Sorry - we're not trying to act like pirates that steal or kill people. It's more like Halloween (this could be another touchy topic) where one dresses up like a vampire but we really have no intention of being what ever we are portraying in costume. Sort of like playing doctor - well maybe not - but that was fun.

If you don't know what that is all about you'll need to ask Lee.:laughing1:
Yep Dennis, I'm right up there with Carnak the Magnificent...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Yeah , they broke the mold after that one, like Red Skelton, Lucille Ball, the good ones...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I liked his little talk at the end of the show where he would walk to the edge of the stage after the last skit , and thank everyone for watching and God Bless. There wasn't a more sincere man on the face of the earth than at those times. A true treasure...

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Arrgh! Tie me up in a double knot, Oh-oh!