I Need a Part

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
I am looking for an AC Accessory Jack for a customer's PL700 (the original amplifier, not the PL700B nor the PL700 Series II), Phase Linear changed to a different AC Jack after the PL700 and the hole spacing is different in the later amplifiers. These fragile Jacks were made by Kulka (P/N 221) and I have checked the Internet to find one or two of these and I found two sources, one was a old eBay listing and one was a parts warehouse (SurplusSales.com) but what they had in stock did not match their own picture, shown below, of the actual item. If anyone has a stash or a donor P700 with this AC Accessory Jack intact, please respond with your ransom amount. Thanks.
PL700 AC Accessory Jack.jpg

Here is an advertisement from June 1955:
Kulka elec mfg.jpg

Last edited:

J!m

Tagline
BOT
It kinda looks like the ubiquitous accessory outlet on every Japanese piece of gear in the 70's...

Did you try searching Kenwood or Pioneer?

mlucitt

It kinda looks like the ubiquitous accessory outlet on every Japanese piece of gear in the 70's...

Did you try searching Kenwood or Pioneer?
It is an American company founded in the 1939 by Eugene Kulka. I believe they are still in business selling electric light fixture components and Mil-Spec terminal blocks. The non-polarized AC Jacks are probably illegal to sell today. That's why they are obsolete.

Last edited:

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
It may be that Hexis removed one of these when he converted Gibby's original PL700, as he did a complete chassis conversion as part of that effort.

Worth asking.

Hexis22

Chief Journeyman
It may be that Hexis removed one of these when he converted Gibby's original PL700, as he did a complete chassis conversion as part of that effort.

Worth asking.
Unfortunately the housing was not sent as part of this upgrade.

Maybe check with @Gibsonian if he still has the original chassis.

mlucitt

I have one. Is this close enough? Pioneer obviously.
Might work. The #6 screw hole spacing is the critical issue at 1.125" or 1 1/8" center-to-center.
Yours has slots, so it may be a winner. I can file off that Pioneer logo, but it is comical because Pioneer bought Phase Linear...

I will send you a PM.

Dnspy007

New Around These Parts
Not sure if you.re still looking....This looks kinda like the critter your looking for....

I just seen this post and decided to do some testing, I recently found out you can take a photo of the part you're looking for on your phone, and google searches the innerweb. It found me a fuse holder drawer for my sub.

NOS - AMI Jukebox Vintage AC Power Outlet

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144487447420

Attachments

mlucitt

Thanks 007,
The ebay post did not give any dimensions or the hole spacing (I need 1 1/8"), so I went ahead and ordered one for $20.00. I should know in a few days.
I don't think the PL700 Kulka original AC Receptacle was UL listed, but that is an added bonus.