I have a VCR repair to attempt, what is it I'm looking for and?

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Well dang. If I could at least get the U50 service manual I think that would help.

orange

Tagline
Fedex had rescheduled the U50 for Tuesday but now it's on the truck for delivery today!

I woke up at 2 am and was ill from Easter dinner and took the third video amp in the bedroom apart to spray and I don't seems to have gotten much from it other than it doesn't overload but I have next to no reception still and need to swap coaxials and tweak the front section. At least I could hold down a package of ramen and some Breyer's chocolate ice cream

That's sorta good news...the bad news is that the neighbors keep having visitors that block the dumpster on pickup day, I fell in the front yard going to see if they got it but they sent a picture of the blockage, it took 20 minutes to drag myself to the steps and pull myself back up and nobody answered my cries...I fell again last night in the bathroom and scooted into the bedroom to get up again and still finished two more loads of laundry until 11 am.

The dumpster is blocked again...but I can watch C.H.U.D. (they'll get you in the END)~!!

Even worse is that a friend on my antique bike group was taken off of his dialysis and told he hasn't got much longer to live...I haven't even had a fistula inserted yet and people can't get CHEMO as it is. I'll try to finish the last two bikes for him as he sent the parts to finish them.

But I have the balance of a defective Weeble, if you remember those. Getting out to the dumpster or feeding the cat is fun and the lawn needs mowing badly.

Sorry to be a Downer in my own thread.

And the truck showed up again so I had to raise hell with the person that parked there but the garbage is gone. I apologized to an 8 year old boy that thinks I'm better than that and normally I am but I was fed up and parking shaming was in order. After 14 years here that really is a pain.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
It got here around 4 pm, I had to take a long nap though, I was tired.

It has no feet! For the moment I can borrow them from the U70. Or are they in there somewhere and I need to find them? I'll look.

Mitsu U50 (1).JPG Mitsu U50 (2).JPG Mitsu U50 (3).JPG Mitsu U50 (4).JPG Mitsu U50 (5).JPG Mitsu U50 (6).JPG

J!m

Tagline
BOT
That is how I got it. Since the unit was bagged, it is unlikely they fell off. I did my work on it here in work and since I've cleaned my desk a few times, no feet lying around.

orange

Tagline
Well, it's actually passive signals the video amp wasn't now and if I can split the coaxial off to the two stereos (AV and the little Pioneer I use at my bedside) then I should almost be there, with a little tweaking from the living room amps. I have to find a long RCA stereo cable to finish patching the Sony 8-track recorder into the DBX 200 (the Revox is set up through the DBX 224 into the noise reduction section and then a long video RCA for the LD/DVD player and all of my crap should finally be connected right. I have a long dual RCA cable out to the Technics....

Boy it's not easy figuring this stuff out. so many wires for a 'simple' setup. Like more brainpower than I have left anymore...

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Color coding is the key. I have colored XLR cables inbound so when I wire up my switch, it is easy to figure out. Each piece of equipment going in or out of the switch has their own color, and the XLRs cant be mixes because they are gendered for IN and OUT. Much slicker than RCAs, which are all interchangeable... And the loss of line noise is nice too.