I got mine today, where's yours??!?!

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Try 1:25:00 in that video Scott. One of my favorite segments ("Nothing Is Something Worth Doing") and one that definitely is more impressive "live" than from the studio. :)

EDIT: Ah, here! I found the excerpt! [video=youtube_share;Irz9PNHqt-Y]http://youtu.be/Irz9PNHqt-Y[/video]
Must be my ADHD but I lost interest after 30 seconds. Sounded like some kid messing around with a xylophone shoved up his flute. :laughing9:

Any other must hear clips for me to listen too?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
John......trtack 2 on "Tales of the Inexpressible" and track 6 on "Are You Shpongled?" Take more than 30 seconds,

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Simon definitely was born to do such things. He was early in the mix with his Hallucinogen stuff. It was when the old dude Raja came along and started telling him the stories that he related to music is when things got really good.

I'm calling for a Phoenix gathering with tons of Shpongle, Twisted records, dank bud and DMT for all...how bout your place, Lee...... :D

Don't forget to check out Terrence McKenna as he's been a huge influence on the entire scene.
Speaking of Terrance, spun im last night and I love one line out of it, " 9 times in the last million years the ice sheets poured out of the Artic, pushing mankind ahead of it. AND THOSE PEOPLE DIDN"T FUCK UP, we're still here.."

Speaking of Terrance, spun im last night and I love one line out of it, " 9 times in the last million years the ice sheets poured out of the Artic, pushing mankind ahead of it. AND THOSE PEOPLE DIDN"T FUCK UP, we're still here.."

I'll burn ya his and his brothers book I have as an audio book for your next shipment.

I heard it and was reading some other stuff and it struck me.....Years ago a friend had a book on growing mushrooms and a spore print. I read the book and the shit in the forward talking about how the psilocybin spores being aliens from another planet stuck with me. As I was getting into Shpongle (thank you by the way) and Terrence this started resonating with me and I realized it was Terrence and his brother that had written the forward and the mushroom growing book. They did it under Swede-like pen names.

Interesting guy to say the least.....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Your welcome, Terrance had a whole different view of the world.

That parts 700 went cheap enough...did ya get it??

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
I'll burn ya his and his brothers book I have as an audio book for your next shipment.

I heard it and was reading some other stuff and it struck me.....Years ago a friend had a book on growing mushrooms and a spore print. I read the book and the shit in the forward talking about how the psilocybin spores being aliens from another planet stuck with me. As I was getting into Shpongle (thank you by the way) and Terrence this started resonating with me and I realized it was Terrence and his brother that had written the forward and the mushroom growing book. They did it under Swede-like pen names.

Interesting guy to say the least.....
Well it seem I've been alien-ated. Never knew that until now. Damn Swedes. :confused2:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
1/3 the way nthrough. Was going to finish tonight but gotta head back out to the field. Stay away from that Series 1 . Only has 3 outputs, very early 700. Probably less than serial #6, if it even has one.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
John......trtack 2 on "Tales of the Inexpressible" and track 6 on "Are You Shpongled?" Take more than 30 seconds,
The verdict is in. It is 20 minutes I'll never get back but I did listen to both tracks completely.

I really wanted to like the two tracks but here are my reviews

The first one didn't do anything for me in fact it made me very very anxious, by the time the end arrived I was hoping I would get struck by lightning to put me out of my misery, but alas there was refreshing silence when the pause button was pushed.

The second track was more to my liking at times, but they were far and few and mostly interspersed with music that would only be appealing after polishing off a quart, licking some blotter paper or after eating a few shrooms. Unfortunately I don't do those kind of things or it would kill me.

I guess I'll just move along. :laughing9:

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
The verdict is in. It is 20 minutes I'll never get back but I did listen to both tracks completely.

The first one didn't do anything for me in fact it made me very very anxious, by the time the end arrived I was hoping I would get struck by lightning to put me out of my misery, but alas there was refreshing silence when the pause button was pushed.

The second track was more to my liking at times, but they were far and few and mostly interspersed with music that would only be appealing after polishing off a quart, licking some blotter paper or after eating a few shrooms. Unfortunately I don't do those kind of things or it would kill me.

Thought I was the only one who felt that way. 2 minutes I'm onto another band.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
If you didn't like the boysenberry, the shakes are cheap and chocolate is next.

Chocolate is my best friend anyway.

PS I was the first one, long ago, oh well, to each his own phone and mine plugs into the wall.

Last edited:

BubbaH

Tagline
---

Im not sure what it is, but ive tried listening to Sphongle a few times now and I think its just not for me. Its not that I dislike the stuff, maybe I just dont "get" the music?

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
BTW I used to get mine in the Idaho Statesman.