How good was PL D-500?

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Pm me if you are really interested in upgrades to dual-500 / d-500. I have done many. Not a job for the faint of heart. Can put a kit together if you have one. Or better I can sell you one already finish and updated

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Aren't you here for the tape?
I gave up reel-to-reel decades ago, and ditto for eight-tracks. My cassette collection rarely gets played, and my Denon deck is not even hooked up. Yeah, I've just about given up radio too. OTOH, I used duct tape this morning...

J!m

Tagline
BOT
There you go.

I am using my cassette decks more now-a-days than just a couple years ago. Didn’t you get the memo? They’re cool like vinyl now. That’s why blank tapes cost more than a meal at McDeath.

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
So getting back to how good is the d-500.
As you may have noticed my new equipment rack on an other thread. During the process the rev D 700b has been parked while new cables are made.

in place is my black dual 500 which sports full renew. Full Complimentary mj21995/96g outputs with a white oak rev E-2 control board. 33,000uf power caps. She sports a conservative 600+ watts perof ball busting sound. It is paired with a full updated Carver 4000T in black. It is driving the horns and there ain’t nothing like it. Period!

All I can say is try it you’ll like it.

Attachments

BlazeES

Tagline
---
As you may have noticed my new equipment rack on an other thread. During the process the rev D 700b has been parked while new cables are made.

in place is my black dual 500 which sports full renew. Full Complimentary mj21995/96g outputs with a white oak rev E-2 control board. 33,000uf power caps. She sports a conservative 600+ watts perof ball busting sound. It is paired with a full updated Carver 4000T in black. It is driving the horns and there ain’t nothing like it. Period!

Smart looking setup !

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast

Love the Carver faceplate Glen. :)

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
What do you have in the horns now Glen? Good lookin setup BTW...
Well Lee They are stock speakerlab horns. As life has got in the way as far as finishing the elliptical horns Next spring will get me there. We have brought mom home from hospital to our place. She has come along way in her 100+ years and we are entering her last leg with her here with her family. As it should be.