HiFi Engine- What’s going on with them?

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
What’s going on with the HiFi Engine website? Can’t log in, can’t create new user. I think I have an account, don’t remember the password…

George S.

I can no longer log on using my home network. Hifi Engine returns various error codes, usually something about a VPN that my fiber internet provider has built into the system as I myself don't use one on my network.
My work around is to use my Android phone.
I disconnect the phone from my home network.
Connect to the website using data. Then sign in.
Works every time.
Then print to my wireless printers from the phone.
This has been a issue for me about 6 months.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Looking for the user manual for Teac X-7R MKII, more specifically, the bias/eq settings. I found the manual for X-10/X-7 on archive.org, but the MKII is different. Three “all or nothing” settings for LH I, LH II, and EE. I guess the best thing to do is test record while monitoring tape and see which sounds best.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
New users not able to sign up to VE?- Vinyl Engine
Why Is My IP Address Blocked?- Vinyl Engine

HFE and VE are under attack by bots and folks wanting to steal the content to sell, probably on the bay on cd or something.

The above explain a bit about it and it blames a number of reasons for not being able to log in including being in section of the www that has been attacking his sites as well as your issue Mark, forgetting the password among others. Might be some work arounds. Some have contacted JaS on VE and asked to renew a password.

For anyone that wants the resource of VE and HFE I strongly recommend participating in the VE forums, just showing up and reading and moving on, keeping the password known and used on ve so that you don't end up being left behind. I participate on VE and have for a couple decades so I haven't had issues with lost PW or being locked out for whatever reason JAS decides to have.

There are other sites for manuals and there is the option to ask someone that has access to grab a manual and get it to you if you find the manual you need.

George S.

Yeah, months ago I read those posts on VE and elsewhere about inability to log on. Nothing appears to directly relate to anything I've done or could potentially be accused of doing.
I use the sites infrequently, so I haven't looked for a solution as I have the work around.
Basically their server sees my network provider as a VPN. No blocking of my username or password.
I'll go into the router today and see if there's any VPN settings there.