Hi from Italy!

Carl182

New Around These Parts
Hi everyone from Milano, Italy.
My first post in a forum ever.
First, a huge thank you from a certified lurker - well let's say I'm into trying to document and solve problems in the first place before bothering people!
Second, thanks to WOA and WA for keeping PLs alive.

I'm currently in the making of a WOPL400 Full-Comp (220-40V Serial No. 1243-193A).
Will try and share some progress in a thread sooner or later.

Class 1982, industrial designer, avid music listener.
All-range DIYer by necessity of doing it right and affordable, here to learn and share.
Solid State Class A + Full-Range 2.0 type of animal.

Previous builds/resto/restomods:
- Pass DIY "Pearl 2 Phono" (ongoing);
- Pass DIY "Aleph J";
- Pass DIY "B1 Nutube Buffer"
- McIntosh MC2125;
- Fostex FE167e backloaded horns.

Have a great one!
Carl182

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
Solid state class A…

Approved.

I Stick with tube/ solid hybrid class AB myself, (Counterpoint SA-220s operating as balanced monoblocks) but I have tried to increase headroom so much that I stay safely in class A. When it’s up and running…

Carl182

New Around These Parts
Solid state class A…

Approved.

I Stick with tube/ solid hybrid class AB myself, (Counterpoint SA-220s operating as balanced monoblocks) but I have tried to increase headroom so much that I stay safely in class A. When it’s up and running…
In fact Jim I can't wait to listen to the WOPL400 I'm building up. And congrats on the refined choice!

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Welcome to our forum, Carl. Also from an Italian background, as my parents emigrated from Italy to Canada in the 50's. I was born in Canada, but have been back to my parents' hometown of Vibo Valentia in Catanzaro.

Nando.