Hi from freezing Ireland

Glantoir

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
He doesn't say a whole lot.
Hi everyone, I'm really glad to have found so many of my old friends here and I look forward to becoming part of the community.

Last edited:

derek92994

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
Welcome Glantoir, you will find this a friendly and resourceful place :toothy10:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Welcome Pat,

It's, certainly, good to see another hard-core MD enthusiast and rock and blues lover join the ranks.

Nando.

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline
When do you let yourself know that you know?
Welcome Glantoir I read your posts on TH and they were always interesting.This is a great place to meet other enthusiasts .

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Welcome. Is it really freezing there? It would be a nice change from the hot, humid summer weather we get here.:p

Glantoir

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Thanks guys.

Web Police, it was 9 degrees Celsius here today (about 48 F) , with a North Westerly wind, but at least its not raining!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Glantoir, spent the last 7 days standing in 40Degree F water while getting rained on at 45 Deg. Nothing like being COLD and WET!! welacome to Phoenix.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Pat, if Ireland is freezing you'll want to not be drunk at the time you listen to Pink Floyd or something.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Thanks guys.

Web Police, it was 9 degrees Celsius here today (about 48 F) , with a North Westerly wind, but at least its not raining!
48F?

It's about that right now here!

I'm in shorts with a light coat and rode my bike some tonight.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Thanks guys.

Well that is my kind of weather. What is it like in the middle of the Summer? Don't tell me 9 C with a North Westerly wind...lol.

It isn't really warm here yet either highs around 16 to 18 C lately, but trending up to low 30's by the middle on next week.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Hi Pat,

Welcome to Phoenix. Just noticing this thread now. Glad you could make it over. I still want to make a review of the country/rock swap we had. Unfortunately you may have noticed the problems some of us were having at the other site. Was going to complete my review after the head "tape"head steps down. Will do it here instead now that you are on board.

Ben.

Glantoir

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Hi Pat,

Welcome to Phoenix. Just noticing this thread now. Glad you could make it over. I still want to make a review of the country/rock swap we had. Unfortunately you may have noticed the problems some of us were having at the other site. Was going to complete my review after the head "tape"head steps down. Will do it here instead now that you are on board.

Ben.
Hi Ben, thanks for that. I've been listening to your red Sony MD-Mix a lot recently, its a really great one!

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Is it this?

1. Stampeders - San Francisco, LP - Greatest Hits
2. Tom Petty - Anything Thats Rock N Roll, LP - Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
3. Humble Pie - 30 Days In The Hole, LP - Smokin
4. April Wine - Drop Your Guns, LP - Greatest Hits
5. Johnny Winter - Let It Bleed, LP - Still Alive And Well
6. George Thorogood - Hand Jive, LP - Maverick
7. Suzy Quatro - Devil Gate Drive, LP - Bravo Presents Suzy Quatro
8. Rose Tattoo - Bad Boy For Love, LP - Rock N Roll Outlaw
9. Billy Squier - Lonely Is The Night, LP - Dont Say No
10. Burton Cummings - Guns, Guns, Guns, LP - The Best Of Burton Cummings
11. Joe Walsh - Turn To Stone, LP - Barnstorm
12. Harold Oblong and The Undead - Someone Super Like You, LP - Phantom Of The Paradise
13. Jeff Beck - I Aint Superstitious, LP - Truth
14. Kick Axe - With A Little Help From My Friends, LP - Welcome To The Club
15. Lou Reed - Rock N Roll, LP - Rock And Roll Animal

Its been some time since I made that disc. If thats the one you got some good Canadian content in it.

Glantoir

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Yes Ben, thats the one, I really liked the Stampeders track, I hadn't heard of them before.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Stampeders are a good ol Canadian rock band from the 70's. If it interests you I could throw a Stampeders mix together on MD. They have lots of great songs.

I know you mentioned on one of our previous swaps that you had enjoyed the Teenage Head track. Which is why I compiled their 2 best albums onto 1 MD for you. They were an early 80's Canadian punk/rock band. From what I gathered listening to your mixes this style of music I thought to be right up your alley. Both of those albums are great. Unfortunately Frankie Venom the lead singer died a couple years back.

Glantoir

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Yes I would like to hear some more Stampeders stuff for sure Ben.

Teenage Head are a great outfit too but to be honest I need to listen to that MD more.
How many albums did they record?

BubbaH

Tagline
---
8 albums in total and 1 EP. They changed their name after the third album, to Teenage Heads. I guess some people didnt like what the name implied...