Hey All

cmeister92

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Hello from Northwest Arkansas. I've lurked around a little, but just started an account. You guys have a great forum here.

I have been into audio since I was young, but only fairly recently got into anything analog. I started out with a flimsy RCA turntable and now have a decent modified Technics SL-1200 I've been using for the last 5 or so years.

My Dad stopped by and recently gave me the task of transferring over his old cassette tapes to digital. In the process, I got hooked on yet another analog medium.

I bought a Nakamichi CR4A for myself and have been having fun recording my records over to some nice chrome tape.

I'm looking forward to learning more here.

Cody

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Welcome to Phoenix Cody. What hardware are you using for the conversion of the tapes?

cmeister92

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Welcome to Phoenix Cody. What hardware are you using for the conversion of the tapes?
Nothing too fancy except the Nakamichi CR4A cassette deck I bought. From the deck, I'm running an RCA to auxiliary cable into the line in on my Thinkpad E570. I'm using Audacity to capture it all.

I may have to take a look at a better Analog to Digital converter in the future, but the built-in card is fine for now since I'm just exploring how everything works.

cmeister92

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Welcome Cody...... I am sure you will enjoy it here.

I spent a couple years transferring various audio formats into the digital world. If you have questions just ask and I'll try to help.

Robert

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I'm already helping him develop cassette disease...bwahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa.....:twisted:

essay

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
If you have questions just ask and I'll try to help.

Last edited:

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Looks like Costco and Walmart have services for that.