Here to type another year...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I passed the housing inspection (the inspector was amazed that it was the quickest one they've ever done with me) and all I have to do is fill out the recertification papers and I'm free to continue molding in the same location another year.

Still have a lot of work to do but now I can do it wihout a cloud over me.

Now I'm working on getting a newer fridge with a bigger freezer as mine is getting old and his doesn't freeze so well anymore.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Thanks but the rest of my world's still cleaning their commode...

I got a heads up PM that TH is closing at the end of the month. I'm mad. Leaving thousands in the lurch is against all I've stood up for in 17 years online and nobody deserves this over and over. If I were only rich enough I'd buy in with Scorp and PS and make something of the place for generations.

He just put the Maxell collection on eBay for a dirt cheap opening and insulted his bidders talking about how cheap people are and nobody there will know WTH he's referring to...I just chided another seller for putting down his own potential bidders (and he had none).

Why do it? Why not have a bloody godforsaken YARD SALE?

DRAMA is a YES LP.

This is NOT a Cave issue...we owe it to thousands we can't accomodate here at once.

Rat44

Journeyman
I got a heads up PM that TH is closing at the end of the month. I'm mad. Leaving thousands in the lurch is against all I've stood up for in 17 years online and nobody deserves this over and over. If I were only rich enough I'd buy in with Scorp and PS and make something of the place for generations.

He just put the Maxell collection on eBay for a dirt cheap opening and insulted his bidders talking about how cheap people are and nobody there will know WTH he's referring to...I just chided another seller for putting down his own potential bidders (and he had none).

DRAMA is a YES LP.

This is NOT a Cave issue...we owe it to thousands we can't accomodate here at once.
I just took a peek at his Eb*y listing .
He sure is doing his best to go out in flames.
I just logged off TH .
He thinks nothing of insulting the members on the forum with impunity because he owns the site.
Thanks but no thanks.

ke4mcl

New Around These Parts
Tagline
i move the stars
i still have the winning bid i think. whatever... my mom taught me early on to NEVER argue with your wallet, it will always lose and so will you.

steven,
so i have another year to keep sending you random large boxes huh? :laughing9:

frhodes

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Maxwell Collection

Wow. Somebody is off their meds. " I want to thank everyone who takes the time and effort to bid on this item. This collection had taken me TWENTY-TWO years to build. I began collecting these in 1990 and finished added the last one in 2012. But you can skip all that and pocket my years of searching and sentimental attachment that spanned more than two decades with just a few strokes of the computer. Ain't technology grand? I was a lifelong hardcore lover of all things tape including cassette and reel. And the Maxell brand was my preferred choice. Too bad that most folks in these circles don't see it this way anymore. Most so called fans of tape nowadays are nothing but a bunch of soulless, ethics-less bottom feeders and discount chasers. The only degree of separation between you and a dumpster diving cocaine addict is that your hobby is at least legal. Though both of you may sometimes have to share the same dumpster looking for your next "fix".
I have been an avid fan of tape and taping my entire life. The essence, the look, the feel, and sound of recording on and playing back an analog tape was something that brought me countless hours of joy. And what better way to showcase and augment that passion than with something cool such as this collection? Too bad that now, despite all this BS talk of a "cassette renaissance", probably 95% of cassette users (that's a very conservative estimate; the actual percentage is probably closer to 99%), don't see it this way. To them, cassettes represent nothing more than cheap entertainment and a way to bypass having to purchase modern technologies. These people could give a rats ass about what taping is really all about. These people have no morals, values, or ethics to speak of. These are people who value a discount more than the actual item received. Their only joy is sucking it from others by doing the "score" dance and taking money from others by pleading nonsense stories about poor health, job loss, etc, and to "please cut them a break". Scores and discounts are an addiction to them and these people would happily send their own mother to prison if it meant getting free license plates. They whine on incessantly about how sellers such as myself are a bunch of thieving vultures. Yet, faster than you can utter the word "hypocrite", the minute they get their next score, they will have it listed here for a quick flip. Case in point: one side of your mouth pretends to be stoic and indifferent. You'll walk the line about how tapes are "worthless, obsolete items" and you'll "do someone a favor" by "taking them off their hands" cheap. The second you are out of sight, you are clicking your heels and giving the middle finger "look at what I scored from that idiot that had no idea what he had" happy dance. Truly abominable and sickening behavior. But here in 2013, it's endemic to the so-called "taping community" and a large part of why I can't stomach to be around it anymore. Consequently, anyone who even bids on this listing is almost certainly the person I'm describing. What person who calls themself a decent human being in possession of a soul would look to "score" a collection that means so much to me that took so many years to build? But you don't care because the second the winning bidder gets their hand on these, they are almost certain to get parted out with a few being kept and the rest piecemealed out for an immediate flip. Nothing personal, it's just business right? That's the excuse all you scumbags love to hide behind to disguise the fact that as a person, you are shameless and utterly bereft of class and basic etiquette. So here you go. Take them. I don't care anymore. Go feed your score addiction. I'm moving onto other, real hobbies. Ones that don't depend on taking away from others to make me happy. You are also probably the type that always orders the lowest cost item in a restaurant, occupy that table for three hours, then, when once a year they have their "free meals for loyal customers", you expect to be the first one in line and order the highest priced item they offer. You guys really do make my toes curl, you know that? Again, this is why I'm truncating my association with the taping hobby. Most of you really are a bunch of deadbeats."

Tagline
Root beer connoisseur.
Is it possible to flag the ad for a description like that? Pretty sure that isn't allowed on eBay.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof

DRAMA is a YES LP.

Steven, call me please....

orange

Tagline
i still have the winning bid i think. whatever... my mom taught me early on to NEVER argue with your wallet, it will always lose and so will you.

steven,
so i have another year to keep sending you random large boxes huh? :laughing9:
Yes, esp if you send the LNs and a couple UDs. When I get a 911 Targa like my aunt had I will have the Pioneer like she did and can put Maxell tapes I cannot hear at 130 mph in it as well :occasion8::toothy10:

orange

Tagline
You may have to get used to posting HERE exclusively for a short while as well? Oh WTH :bounce:

orange

Tagline
Is it possible to flag the ad for a description like that? Pretty sure that isn't allowed on eBay.
Not really but the one seller I saw putting other auctions down never sold it the first time and I gave him some fatherly advice about that, seems to have been taken.

FAGEDABOUTIT.