Help: Mini Shelf System

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Hi Guys,

My Mom has recently moved into a very small apartment and is in need of mini shelf type stereo setup. As usual, such things involving technology fall to me and I have no idea where to start a search for such a system these days. Several years back TEAC and a few others (radio, CD, tape) had very nice mini systems but I am not finding much in my search. Bose is about the only thing that comes up, but never been a huge fan of their stuff. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

She also has a turntable with lots of albums so being able to connect that would be a huge plus.

Thanks,
Robert

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
I have a little Sansui 210 (needs a little work - scratchy) that you are more than welcome to have if you happen to be coming to the Chicago area. Pop a couple speakers on it, has a phone pre and you can find a cheap ass cd player to connect. Paid a whopping $10 for it at a flea a couple years ago. Never got around to opening it up or thoroughly cleaning - might be all it needs. Yours for the taking if you are in my area.

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Thanks for the offer, but not likely to get to Chicago in the near future.....

Mom appears to like the Bose Soundtouch so that may be what she ends up with. I would much prefer one of those nice, shelf system from years gone by but to each their own.....

Robert

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Pioneer TX and SA-5500/6500 II or later, Polk Audio Monitor 4s. Just RIGHT.

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
RTP I have a Sony and a Onkyo Receiver both with remote and both in great shape, I also have a few sets of smallish bookshelf speakers either one would be perfect for your Ma