Hello From North Carolina

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Welcome! Where in NC? We have family in Raleigh and friends in the business all over the state.

You'll find more info - and crazy to go with it - than you ever imagined here. Great folks, they even let us non PL folks hang around!

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
My 400 Series II is being delivered today via FedEx; just joined this forum and started reading many of the posts. I am looking forward to tapping the vast wealth of knowledge here.
welcome aboard....lots of smarts here...
lots of experience...
good luck!!!!

richwr

New Around These Parts
Welcome! Where in NC? We have family in Raleigh and friends in the business all over the state.

You'll find more info - and crazy to go with it - than you ever imagined here. Great folks, they even let us non PL folks hang around!
I am in the Winston-Salem area

richwr

New Around These Parts
Thank you all,
My game plan is to start with the power supply capacitors and buss ; I have read that is a point of failure. The previous owner did have the caps changed but only with the same rating as factory.
The unit plays extremely well, dead quiet with no hum. It brings out the best in my speakers.

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
Thank you all,
My game plan is to start with the power supply capacitors and buss ; I have read that is a point of failure. The previous owner did have the caps changed but only with the same rating as factory.
The unit plays extremely well, dead quiet with no hum. It brings out the best in my speakers.
Yep…I put my toes into the PL “pool” that way too. Next you know, you’ll be ordering a WOAD control board, backplane, and transistors for a fully-complimentary system. Trust me on this ;)
Welcome to the rabbit hole!