Hello from ..... Argentina!

Rickyboy

New Around These Parts
Hi guys !! Thank you for accepting me at this forum ! I own a 700/2 that needs to be completely overhauled and now i have a 700b from a friend that asks me to go the full complementary way .

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Got your work cut out for you. All the help you'll need (and some you wont) are right here. Contact Geppetto (Joe) for parts and boards. Good luck!

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
I went to to Rosario about 20 years ago for work. The delicious cuts of meat, the wine and the crazy drivers. Now should be a perfdect time to be there. Buy me a plane ticket and I'll be happy to do the work on the amps and throw in the relay boards to boot.

Rickyboy

New Around These Parts
I went to to Rosario about 20 years ago for work. The delicious cuts of meat, the wine and the crazy drivers. Now should be a perfdect time to be there. Buy me a plane ticket and I'll be happy to do the work on the amps and throw in the relay boards to boot.
If you can fix a krell kps25 sc cd part consider it done!!

Rickyboy

New Around These Parts
Rosario is not what it used to be ....... it is a Narc land now .....

Rickyboy

New Around These Parts
The kps25sc is NOT a standard cd player .... it’s the patek philipe of the cd players .... btw , what is the acronym of WOPL? Something related to Phase Linear PL i guess

Rickyboy

New Around These Parts
http://www.whiteoakaudio.com/ This should explain WOPL for ya. Welcome
I already bought his stuff !!! It arrived to my forwarder today !! Any pic of a full complementary board already assembled? I am an electronic technician , retired tho , but i would like to get back to the old times , at least putting the board parts together , main assembly and calibration will be done by a friend of mine

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
I already bought his stuff !!! It arrived to my forwarder today !! Any pic of a full complementary board already assembled? I am an electronic technician , retired tho , but i would like to get back to the old times , at least putting the board parts together , main assembly and calibration will be done by a friend of mine
So you get the WOPL, White Oak Phase Linear.
Lots of pics here,
https://forums.phxaudiotape.com/forums/wopl-building.68/
and here,
https://forums.phxaudiotape.com/forums/wopl-tips-and-archive.51/
WOPL Sniffer just recently built three or four amps so you might check out his posts.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
The kps25sc is NOT a standard cd player .... it’s the patek philipe of the cd players .... btw , what is the acronym of WOPL? Something related to Phase Linear PL i guess
After reading things like what Krell posted about the "Features" of their CD Players, I'm surprised they didn't charge knuckleheads twice what they did.

"Krell claims the presence of green light helps the laser recover the data from the CD, and improves the sound quality"

I think I'll steal that PHRASE and use it for my WOPL with green LED's..... How gullible are people to spend that kind of money for a CD player??? And for that kind of money, "It's Broken"???? for 10,000 Euro's it better last forever. Do the green LED's still work??? That would be a cheap fix.

Do you think patek philipe would say something like "Our watch spring are blessed by Rabbi's with a pocket full of foreskins from ONLY rich people's baby's"?????? :)

mlucitt

This is from a review of a 2015 $9000 Krell CD player, complete with misspellings: "When I compare my findings to a review I read recenlyly in Stereophile (carried out with a new unit), it is clear that my unit wasn’t 100%, as it apparently should have had very tight and articulate and super-powerful bass. Interestingly, the KPS-20i didn’t sound as muscular as I expected, instead sounding superbly fluid and refined, and even a shade too polite, with deep yet woolly bass, but that could also have been caused by ageing caps or the ageing Philips CDM-9 pro transport inside."

The capacitors are "ageing" after 5 years?
How does a CD player sound "polite"? My WOPL does not sound polite, nor do I want it to sound polite.

Don't the reviewers know they are supposed to make these units sound desirable?

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
After reading things like what Krell posted about the "Features" of their CD Players, I'm surprised they didn't charge knuckleheads twice what they did.

"Krell claims the presence of green light helps the laser recover the data from the CD, and improves the sound quality"

I think I'll steal that PHRASE and use it for my WOPL with green LED's..... How gullible are people to spend that kind of money for a CD player??? And for that kind of money, "It's Broken"???? for 10,000 Euro's it better last forever. Do the green LED's still work??? That would be a cheap fix.

Do you think patek philipe would say something like "Our watch spring are blessed by Rabbi's with a pocket full of foreskins from ONLY rich people's baby's"?????? :)
BEST laugh I have had all evening reading posts here and at Club Polk !