Hello from a long time lurker

Vambo

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Hangin' on to the water wagon
I've had a login for over 5 years, joined because I was about to try a PL400 WOPL project. I did lots of reading and zero posting. Life got interesting, and this fell to the wayside until right about.....now.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to electronics as far as working on them. A lifelong music lover and appreciate good hi-fi toys.

I've been emailing with Joe at White Oak, and formulating a plan to get this thing done.

Just figured it was past time to introduce myself!

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Vambo,
We are neighbors, I am 25 miles north of you in Keystone Heights. I am planning to attend a day at the GatorNationals in Gainesville.
Joe will give you some good WOPL advice, I can help you with the details. I will send you a PM. Check your inbox.

Tagline
Details, details
Welcome to the group, a bunch of great guys...I should know, they helped me out when I did the WOPL on my 700B.

Good luck with your project!

I used to live just down the road from you in Perry...half of the town were Gators and the other half 'Noles!!!

Vambo

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Welcome to the group, a bunch of great guys...I should know, they helped me out when I did the WOPL on my 700B.

Good luck with your project!

I used to live just down the road from you in Perry...half of the town were Gators and the other half 'Noles!!!
Nice little town - we were just through there a couple weeks ago on a Sunday drive. It was very clear where hurricane Idalia passed through last August, they're still cleaning up both south on 19 and east of town on 27.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Nice to see you step forward and introduce yourself.

Gainesville, Florida - there's a race track there and I learned about it back in 1985 when a few Supercar Shootouts were conducted there. And I believe Muscle Car Review magazine covered those races in their magazines. I still have all those old magazines. I am from the Buick camp and have been since the 70's.

Buick Supercar Shootout (teambuick.com)

7692_7_low_res_zps9afuimf8.png

Hope you can get the needed info from here to get your PL 400 overperforming.

Nando.

Last edited:

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Lurkers come out into the light eventually, don’t they? Too much goes on here, compelling one to start posting!
WELCOME!

Vambo

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Thanks again everyone.

I was fortunate enough to meet my neighbor mlucitt (thank you Mark) yesterday, what a great guy.
Elite-ist - those Gran Sports were something else. Not Dave Thomas' Buick.
MarkW - Yes they do. I guess I'm not a vampire 'cause I ain't burnt up yet.