Hello Folks

Vitopanch

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Folks,
I bumped into your site today and decided to join. I used to collect Infinity loudspeakers and Phase Linear power amplifiers, however, several years back I sold most of it off to make room for a returning daughter and her three children. My active system now is two Phase Linear Bell Lab 700's in an vertical Bi-Amp arrangement driving a pair of Infinity RS 4.5's. The Pre-amplifier is an Acurus RL11.

My wife has a pre-production Phase Linear 700 driving JBL L-112's and L-166's alternately. Her pre-amp is an Odyssey. I forget the model.

Thanks for the forums. I appreciate the good reads and information.
Vito

P.S. The daughter and three children left, but the stuff that I sold to make room is still sold.

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Good to have you join up. Sounds like a fairly potent system you've assembled. What are you presently playing for source components?

Nando.

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Welcome to Phoenix sir. Jump in wherever you want...no shame here. Always nice to have another voice involved.

marcok

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I'm very curious about any tech item
Hi Vito and welcome aboard !
I have 3 questions , for my curosity :
1) What's pre production PL 700 ? ( pics are welcome )
2) What's Bell Lab PL 700 ? ( pics are welcome )
3) Is there a thump at power up with Infinity RS 4.5 ?
In my father's system there was a thump ( fixed with a 510 Ohm 5 W in parallel with the speaker )
My father has a Pl 400 and Infinity RS 3.0 . This modification , by PL and Infinity, is suggested on
service manual .
Ciao
Marco

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Welcome! Ed (oldphaser) and I were just discussing the Bell Labs PL's so I am sure you will be hearing from him. I think he knows the dudes that originally built them???

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Welcome! Ed (oldphaser) and I were just discussing the Bell Labs PL's so I am sure you will be hearing from him. I think he knows the dudes that originally built them???
Ron,

Vitopanch acquired his (2) Phase Linear (Bell Labs) 700HF's from me a number of years ago.

Ed

THD+N

Journeyman
Hi Vito,
Welcome to the forum. Since you have listened to a lot of 700's (I presume from your collector days), the 700HF appears to be your favorite. Can you describe any sonic differences (or any other differences you would like to share) between a 700, 700b, 700HF and 700II?

Thanks,
Nick