Hello everyone, Newbie here!

Tagline
---
My name is Dan, I have been a lurker here for a bit but I'm now making the move to active status. This forum is an impressive collection of info and experts on PL gear, Thanks for the valuable resource!

My Dad purchased a PL2000, PL400 and PL200 matched to pairs of Bose 901's and Klipsch Heresys in the mid 70's as his HiFi audio system. The klipsch were poached by an uncle at some point in the 80's or 90's so unfortunately those are not around anymore.
In the early 2000s the preamp developed some issues and subsequently the 2000, 400 and 901's were shelved. Recently the Phase and Bose came to me with the exception of the PL200 which has been in continuous service as a one of his amps since new.

After some repairs to the PL2000 along with WO lights and Watts Abundant DCP to the PL400 we were rocking again! I recently just put a WO control board in my buddies PL400 and now I'm jonesing for the control board and backplane for mine. So impressed with the results!

I look forward to feeding the addiction with all of you!

A photo of the stack:

Best regards,
Dan

Edit: Does anyone know a good place for the hex hardware? I am missing 1 bolt from my 2000 and would prefer the other 400 and 5000 to have the hex hardware as well. I just stuck some generic aluminum drawer pulls on there for the mean time.

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Addiction is word right word...... welcome to the show. You got some cool gear there Dan.

WOPL ON!!!!!!!

Perry

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Welcome Dan. Yup, you found the right place. Gonna be a fun journey for you here. Most know what they're doing here. Don't be afraid to ask.

Others (like myself), just like to hang around and learn about these wonderful amps. Also like to spew crap with a great bunch of guys (and gals - there are a few).

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Dan, as we say here....PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!#!#!#

Seriously, nice batch of gear there!#

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Prediction.....I see K-horns in your future Dan.....since you are looking for suggestions....DIY plans are floating around here somewhere.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Welcome to our forum, Dan. Nice system you have there.

Nando.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Welcome Dan!! Do you own a ScoutII? Can I see it, love those monsters :happy2:

On the Esquire channel, the show 'Car Matchmaker' there was a tricked out one that was just tit's!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
A one ton Scout is a BIG scout. Saw 3 of those buggers in the yard in Casper where Tim and I got the DT 466 the other day...

Last edited:
Tagline
---
Welcome Dan!! Do you own a ScoutII? Can I see it, love those monsters :happy2:

On the Esquire channel, the show 'Car Matchmaker' there was a tricked out one that was just tit's!!
I do, its my toy that is now on the way way back burner due to a new baby. I have a '72 Scout II that I picked up as a bare body and stock rolling chassis. No doors, windows, top, interior or powertrain. I ditched the D30 front and D44 rear for a 10.5" 14 bolt rear and Ford high pinion Dana 60 front. I had a big block IH 345 v8 available with a torque flight 727 and a Dana 20 tcase so I went with that in the interest of saving money. Then I converted the motor to fuel injection using a 80's GM TBI setup, along with some customization. When I fired it up the first time it ran great on the EFI side but 2 cylinders were failing to control their oil after sitting.
So not really having any money in it at that point I went the way that I wanted to go initially and that was a late model GM motor. I installed an 01 5.3L V8 from a Tahoe mated to a TH400 that I swapped over to 4wd output and full manual a valve body(its a manually shifted automatic) followed with a GM NP203 / Ford NP205 doubled transfer case. both are essentially 2:1 so I have the options of 1:1, 2:1 or 4:1 and 3 shifters so I have the ability to shift the front and rear axles independently. (helps with turning while locked differentials)
It has 38 x 15.5 x 15 TSL radials which ive been thinking I will swap with a 42" TSL Bias Ply with a 16" + wheel. I don't like that my offset is so extreme because my brakes wont fit inside the wheels.
It's still on leaf springs but I really want to do a 4 link.

the truck has been "in progress " for a while now and is in storage at the moment due to a move recently. I miss it, it's a fun truck to drive when not under the knife.

Tagline
---
A one ton Scout is a BIG scout. Saw 3 of those buggers in the yard in Casper where Tim and I got the DT 466 the other day...
Its really only a 1 ton in respect to the drivetrain, I had a 350/th350/np203 in the bed once and it was squatting way too much even for a 1/2 ton.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Had a 76 Ford Hi-Boy years ago with a 400, NP 545 and a NP 205, Dana 60 front and rear, both lockers. It was a bitch on a sidehill but a tank straight up and down. Rebuilt every box on the old critter. Loved that old Ford, the body and cab were still tight after 20 years,.....