Have you bought your back-up supply of tubes, yet?

mr_rye89

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
Mr Rye
I have plenty of NOS 6GH8 american tubes for sale. Any brand preferences? To use them in place of the 7199 you may actually rewire the original driver board.
You got any RCAs? I can probably get away with “lesser” 6GH8s because the Dynaco probably doesn’t run them above their ratings like TV sets do.

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
You got any RCAs? I can probably get away with “lesser” 6GH8s because the Dynaco probably doesn’t run them above their ratings like TV sets do.
The 6GH8 tubes work very well in a ST-70 using the plug in adapters, I personally think they sound better than the 7199 tubes

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
The 6GH8A tubes I have new are GE and Sylvania. I have used RCAs among many others. If the RCA structure is what you want I can look at the other brands and see if I find a match

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Well right on time as predicted, new sanctions may make it difficult to get Russian tubes and caps for our projects. Back when I started the thread it was predicted that the invasion would start in mid-Feb. Delayed a few days so as not to interfere with the olympics because China wanted that spotlight. Now how far will it go? Too many troops to think it is just an eastern territory grab, he wants the whole enchilada but might slow at the river.

More in context of a music/audio site, he just wants to get the old band back together again, one country (or parts of bigger one) at a time.