Hanging heavy speakers

Netfly

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Thougt you might like to see how I mounted the rear speakers in system 2. Too heavy for most brackets, so I built hanging shelves with mdf and coated aircraft cables. Did this for a heavy TV years ago. With the top parts in an attic, all you see are the 4 cables coming down. Cheap and reasonably easy.

Attachments

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Much better solution than the guys do with 901's.... try finding a set with no Chain attachment holes in them.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Any of you hippies remember using macrame hangers for speakers? I like the suspened shelf design.

Nando.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Hung my turntable in a Macrame hanger once.....
:headbang:, Dude, you and Jani ever watched 'Female Trouble'? A classic John Waters movie from the '70's. "I've never used macrame to kill before" :blob6::blob6::blob6: was one of my fav lines among many, many others!! I actually made some for my friends 901's, have to say they looked good, there was some beading and some hemp was used as well :laughing6:

Tagline
---
Much better solution than the guys do with 901's.... try finding a set with no Chain attachment holes in them.
why do you care if there are chain holes at or near the holes provided for the feet? also, I think series III and later were all pre-drilled for both configs. hanging or floor standing, Either way it will be on the side you can't see.
I have a couple sets of 901's and no longer use them but I can say that I was considerably happier with them hanging over any placement I had them on the floor.