Ha, Ha, Ha. New Polk SDA's

VSAT88

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
No, for real. I have not seen anywhere near as nice used. I pretty much have never bought any speakers that are in as good of condition as this fellow kept these in. He must live in a dust free home. Factory owners manuals, factory interconnect cables, one owner. Went to Nashville TN. (Mt. Juliette) to get em 6 hour drive one way, well about 8 the way I drive. ......$350.00...... Both sets. And yes, I asked him if he knew he was giving them away at that price... He shook his head, smiled and said yes. Said he spoke with others on the phone and held them for me because he wanted them to have a good home and I was the only one who seemed to know what I was talking about ! Well damn then ! They will have a good home for sure.

20211003_202016.jpg 20211003_201901.jpg 20211003_202016.jpg 20211003_201901.jpg 20211003_201550.jpg
Polk SDA-SRS II's (1986)

20211003_201659.jpg 20211003_201821.jpg
Polk SDA-CRS+ (1989)

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
A very good deal for you. Congratulations! And I see it quite often with sellers who want someone buying their gear who has some savvy about what they are buying - not someone who is going to immediately flip it for a profit, only.

Nando.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Nice deal there.

Here they want 1400 for a tired pair of SDA SRS. Complete with the cable and grille badges...but
no grilles,
painted black,
split top on one of them.

That seems about twice what they should be, but I don't know Polk pricing.

The SDA-SRS in great shape MSRP of 3000 what is a good used price with all the parts in nice shape? I just don't know Polk values in the market.

Then these SRS 2 and CRS+ in great shape, $1750 MSRP for 350 is a deal.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
A very good deal for you. Congratulations! And I see it quite often with sellers who want someone buying their gear who has some savvy about what they are buying - not someone who is going to immediately flip it for a profit, only.

Nando.

Exactly Nando!!!!!

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Congrats! Those look sweet!

So, which Snells do you have? I wanted a pair of C4s when they were new…

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I have had J III's E III's and C/V's. The E and the J concept/designs were bought by a little company in England called Audio Note. The E is now know as the AN-E and the J as the AN-J. Used AN J's run around 2,500 and the E's used run around 6,500. Needless to say I will not own a set of either of them in this lifetime. One more thing. They are kinda well, ugly speakers the E and J. First set I bought, the J's had me fooled. Bought them for like 25.00 with one tweet out. Fixed that in house (gummy ferrofluid) and when I listened to them I straight could not believe the sound. In a smaller room they are most excellent.

Last edited:

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Nice deal there.

Here they want 1400 for a tired pair of SDA SRS. Complete with the cable and grille badges...but
no grilles,
painted black,
split top on one of them.

That seems about twice what they should be, but I don't know Polk pricing.

The SDA-SRS in great shape MSRP of 3000 what is a good used price with all the parts in nice shape? I just don't know Polk values in the market.

Then these SRS 2 and CRS+ in great shape, $1750 MSRP for 350 is a deal.
All depends on what has been done to them.and if they are TL and all that fancy stuff. I would not buy an early set. I would want them with the 3000 tweeter. I would say 1,500.00 for a set of SDA-SRS 1.2TL's would be a good deal if they were really nice. There are so many mods for the Polk speakers, SDA and otherwise its impossible to say what a certain set would be worth. To be honest I dont know how I got hooked on Polk speakers, especially the SDA's. The damn things are complicated. They are for folks that like to screw around and tweak their speakers all the time I guess. That's me.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
To be honest I dont know how I got hooked on Polk speakers, especially the SDA's. The damn things are complicated. They are for folks that like to screw around and tweak their speakers all the time I guess. That's me.
Back in the day I sold Magnepan, Dahlquist, Epicure, Bose and DCM and have owned all but the Epicure, top models except Magnepan, have the IIIa but a pair of Tympani IVa visited for a year. They sounded great listening from the entrance foyer...maybe the room was a bit small for that three-piece per side model. Had big ADS, have good Bostons but never had any Polks but the 4 and 5. Haven't seem em cheap, all the ones I buy are cheap. Still haven't heard a good JBL according to a friend that knows and owns a lot of the brand. So many speakers so little time and space.

Last edited:

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Far out. I have worked load ins load outs there and my daughter works there part time. The River center is a nice place. I do not think I know the fellow that runs the place but I know a few people that work there.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Nice score!! Did you spend the night up there? That's a long drive.
The srs2's are pretty hefty to move around.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Nah, drove up and came on back. I always wanted another set every since I sold my other ones. These are the 1986 models with the single binding posts on the back. My other ones were the 4 post I think 1988 models ? Anyway these have the large value caps in the MW section of the crossover and are for real 4 ohms unlike my others. Shit , they sound good as is but you already know it will not be long until some mods happen. You still running your set and that WOPL 700 ?