Ground wire

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Lots of people here to help Peter. No need to thank us every post, or ask us to help in the future. Someone will respond to your posts. How soon depends on if we see it. ....

v65magna

Journeyman
No, it does not, someone has done some previous work....the binding posts that come with Don's board will be isolated from the chassis by design, just use all the parts supplied.
Those 3 wires don mentioned in his instructions that get tied together that go to the relay board , one small white wire that I solder on that bare jumper wire that I cut that’s soldered to left neg input jack,, the second small white wire that is soldered to the left neg binding post with the other 2 wires that also get moved to the relay board,, and the third white wire that I soldered to the capacitor , these 3 get tied together and go into the dons board , is that correct,, here’s 2 pics,, I didn’t take a pic of the wire coming off the capacitor CCF4E502-0A87-4BF4-B876-0DB95FF40925.png 8F8D08B1-678B-4122-9E09-3EDC7BED480A.png

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I need a better pic of the relay board that you put in your amp. And a pic I can trace all the white wires you are talking about.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Yes, I'm aware of that Peter, I need a pic of the relay board mounted in your amp, and a pic of the 3 white wires, and where they go. A pic of the rectifier wouldn't hurt either..

v65magna

Journeyman
Yes, I'm aware of that Peter, I need a pic of the relay board mounted in your amp, and a pic of the 3 white wires, and where they go. A pic of the rectifier wouldn't hurt either..
When I get to that stage lee ,,,I’ll send u pics of those white wires and the relay board installed, I’m going to install it this weekend , thanks lee u stay safe and healthy

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Before you mount the relay, take a pic of the newly installed speaker binding pots. I want to make sure everything is accounted for...

As far as safe and healthy...well.....I have a few more years left..

v65magna

Journeyman
Before you mount the relay, take a pic of the newly installed speaker binding pots. I want to make sure everything is accounted for...

As far as safe and healthy...well.....I have a few more years left..
I will do that lee this weekend I’ll send u pics as I go step by step , u have a great weekend

v65magna

Journeyman
No, it does not, someone has done some previous work....the binding posts that come with Don's board will be isolated from the chassis by design, just use all the parts supplied.
Hi lee I just finished , took me couple hours , hardest was soldering those Ac wires to thr reftifier , but I got them on ,, cut that solid wire like don said in his procedure soldered another white wire to ground off the neg input jack as dons instructions , twisted it with the other 2 wires the one from the capacitor and the one coming from driver board that was on neg binding post with those other bigger grounds , twisted all 3 small white together inserted into terminal #6 as dons procedure, , hooked the remaining wires to the proper terminals. Ty rap everything nice and neat here’s some pics 1550DEB4-B066-4A75-8981-5DC20D04E430.jpeg 1550DEB4-B066-4A75-8981-5DC20D04E430.jpeg

Attachments

v65magna

Journeyman
I hope I did everything correct I’m pretty sure I did , lee that solid wire don mentioned to cut , see pic where I cut I soldered the white wire to where the end of cut was ,u see there’s a wire still attached to it from the factory I left it alone , is that correct here a few pics

Attachments

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
When Don's board is installed properly it will work first time and every time. I keep a couple extra relays in case an output fails and sends DC to the speakers. Never had that happen to me, others have. Generally those who like to abuse their amp. :)

v65magna

Journeyman
Easy now Fred, use and abuse are a fine line..
Thanks lee for all your advice , I hooked it up everything is working fine I’m so happy just the left channel volume output has to be cleanel it’s a little scratchy always has been I order some detoxit d5 and detoxit feather lube , just waiting for them to get here , thanks again , I love the sound of that relay clicking on when I power that beast up , take care my friend