Ground wire

v65magna

Journeyman
Hi everyone hope everyone is well , my question is that white ground wire that u add going to big capacitor is their just one wire I add to this capacitor or 2 in the installation instructions it says to solder one white wire to the lug , in this picture it’s has 2 white wires connected ,,im a little confused like I said earlier the instructions say to add one white ground wire to the capacitor , here’s a pic of the wires and a pic with the instructions saying to add one wire, any suggestions would be so m appreciated, I’m installing the watts abundant speaker protection board , and again I want to thank all the members on here for all the help this last week 498D9537-9C44-4393-9AF4-B74328BB87FC.png 498D9537-9C44-4393-9AF4-B74328BB87FC.png 771EC0F6-3249-418D-8729-6E73D586CDD9.png

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
The two white wires are likely going to the black Speaker Binding Posts as the low side of the output signal, you will move them to the DCP adjacent to the "LF" and "RT" terminals. You want a separate wire going to the DCP terminal labeled "GND" between the two "AC" terminals, it will ground the circuitry of the DCP and the other end is connected the the large capacitor "Star" ground where the two white wires are connected.

v65magna

Journeyman
The two white wires are likely going to the black Speaker Binding Posts as the low side of the output signal, you will move them to the DCP adjacent to the "LF" and "RT" terminals. You want a separate wire going to the DCP terminal labeled "GND" between the two "AC" terminals, it will ground the circuitry of the DCP and the other end is connected the the large capacitor "Star" ground where the two white wires are connected.
I see what u mean now , those 2 white wires are on the other side of the buss bar that’s joining the 2 capacitors the other white wire I add goes on the other side of the buss bar ,,those 2 white wires the other end are connected to the ground on the speaker terminals that I have to remove and move them to the relay board , is this correct ? ,, and again thanks for taking the time and helping me out I appreciate it a lot ,, peter

mlucitt

Yes, the buss bar is the STAR ground. There should be five wires leaving from there, I like to solder them in the middle, but you can use lugs or ring terminals under the #10 capacitor screws:
1. Right Speaker Ground (large wire)
2. Left Speaker Ground (large wire)
3. GND to the DC Protect Board (small wire)
4. Ground to the light board (small wire)
5. Ground to the Control Board or to the WOA Backplane chassis ground point, if you have them installed

v65magna

Journeyman
Yes, the buss bar is the STAR ground. There should be five wires leaving from there, I like to solder them in the middle, but you can use lugs or ring terminals under the #10 capacitor screws:
1. Right Speaker Ground (large wire)
2. Left Speaker Ground (large wire)
3. GND to the DC Protect Board (small wire)
4. Ground to the light board (small wire)
5. Ground to the Control Board or to the WOA Backplane chassis ground point, if you have them installed
Thanks for the help , I’m having second thoughts about installing this relay board in my 700 b , I been reading alot of forums about some guys adding this board and are having trouble when they are turning up the amp on high volumes like it will shutt down for some reason , right now my 700 b functions with out any issues even on very hi volumes for hours , I always have a good hi fan in the back of it cooling those big heat sink fins never had any problems with it shutting off or with any thing else , my luck I’ll install that board and have nothing but issues ,, I bought the watts abundant relay board looks pretty straight forward dons instructions are very good but it’s always good to ask questions if u are not sure about something ,, can I ask u what’s your opinion is on this board and again thanks for all the help I really appreciate it,

mlucitt

I install the DC Protect Delay Relay Board on every amp that comes through my shop and all of my personal amps. The speaker protection is not as necessary as before because of the WOA Control Board, but the delay function prevents ON and OFF thumps.

I have never heard of a single problem on this forum related to the DC Protect Delay Relay Board. If installed correctly, it functions just fine. I cannot speak for any knuckle-draggers on the other forums.

v65magna

Journeyman
I install the DC Protect Delay Relay Board on every amp that comes through my shop and all of my personal amps. The speaker protection is not as necessary as before because of the WOA Control Board, but the delay function prevents ON and OFF thumps.

I have never heard of a single problem on this forum related to the DC Protect Delay Relay Board. If installed correctly, it functions just fine. I cannot speak for any knuckle-draggers on the other forums.
Hi I just like to thank u for all the advice as I’m new to this site , which I think bus a awesome site, can I S

i just want to thank u again for all the advice that u have been giving me , I have question those 3 white ground wires,, One that comes off the neg rca input ,, one that comes the driver board ,,and the other one that gets solder to the capacitor , in don’s description he says to twist these 3 wires together and insert them in terminal # 6 on the relay board . Should I after twisting these wires together tin them all together then insert them in terminal # 6 on the relay board,, and again tha for helping me out much appreciated Peter Canada

v65magna

Journeyman
I hope not to jinx myself, however, I've not had anybody mention any problems with nuisance trips on either the 400 or 700 board.
Hi don I received the board yesterday thank u ,, that other white ground wire that is connected to the neg speaker post is that the one that gets twisted with the 2 other ground wires #1 the new one from the Capacitor #2 and the other one from the ground on the input jack ? Just want to make sure I have all the connections right , I I’m building a dim light bulb tester to test before powering it up thank u peter

v65magna

Journeyman

Hi sorry to bother u again , I took off the cover and there’s looks to be 4 resistors with 2 black and one silver strips on them soldered on to the speaker posts , I don’t know if the previous owner added these or if it’s from the factory there’s nothing in dons instructions about removing these and his pictures don’t show these resistors , do these have to be removed , I’ll ad some pics of these ,, please help , I would appreciate it C61AC88E-A6B6-437C-8C03-A733EB00F351.jpeg A024F73D-4A25-4AA2-B247-B31B1F54DB7A.jpeg C61AC88E-A6B6-437C-8C03-A733EB00F351.jpeg C61AC88E-A6B6-437C-8C03-A733EB00F351.jpeg A024F73D-4A25-4AA2-B247-B31B1F54DB7A.jpeg C61AC88E-A6B6-437C-8C03-A733EB00F351.jpeg

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Yup, those are the old, original Zoebel's. The Watts Abundant board has these on it so these go in the can...

v65magna

Journeyman
Yup, those are the old, original Zoebel's. The Watts Abundant board has these on it so these go in the can...
Hi thanks for helping me I appreciate it big time ,, can I ask another question,, on that binding post where the red wire is connected there’s looks to be a plastic washer under that post , the 3 other binding posts do not have this plastic washer between the post and the chassis does that plastic waster have to stay in there or do I remove it when I install the new binding post , thanks again for your help E659E514-307C-4304-9494-C3D4FCBDC8E7.png

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Huh, both my amps had the speaker wires soldered to the binding post, I replaced them With the new posts that came with the DCP as the old threads were full of solder and messed u you couldn’t install the stand offs easily anyways.

v65magna

Journeyman
Huh, both my amps had the speaker wires soldered to the binding post, I replaced them With the new posts that came with the DCP as the old threads were full of solder and messed u you couldn’t install the stand offs easily anyways.
Ya I understand that , my question is y is there that plastic washer under that binding post with the red wire on it , the other 3 posts do not have this plastic washer, does that plastic washer have to stay there when I replace it with the new binding post , thanks for your help I appreciate it If time DA2AF5C8-A5A2-4D6C-8A32-C4C512A84979.png

mlucitt

That red wire is not from the PL factory. Where does it go?
You should be looking at four empty holes when you install the DC Protection Delay Relay Board. Nothing stays. The speaker wires that were there go onto the terminal board of the DC Protection Delay Relay Board, the locations are plainly marked.

By the way, that is a good camera you have there...

v65magna

Journeyman
That red wire is not from the PL factory. Where does it go?
You should be looking at four empty holes when you install the DC Protection Delay Relay Board. Nothing stays. The speaker wires that were there go onto the terminal board of the DC Protection Delay Relay Board, the locations are plainly marked.

By the way, that is a good camera you have there...
Thanks for your reply , that binding post with the red Wire hooked to it has a plastic washer underneath it , see pic ! the 06A7C7C2-3617-444B-827F-D56E4F29A927.png 3 other posts do not have this plastic washer , does it stay when I replace that post ,, thanks for your help

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
No, it does not, someone has done some previous work....the binding posts that come with Don's board will be isolated from the chassis by design, just use all the parts supplied.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Pull the posts, should be four holes same size, that washer isnt needed unless someone drilled that hole for some reason

v65magna

Journeyman
No, it does not, someone has done some previous work....the binding posts that come with Don's board will be isolated from the chassis by design, just use all the parts supplied.
Thanks a lot for the information and for answering my questions , I just want to make sure I do everything the proper way , can I ask u more questions if I not sure of somthing as I go along installing dons board , and again thank u so much I really appreciated it